Monitors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Crabtreevamp   Bughuul   Crabtreevamp  

Member  Message

Crabtreevamp
View Profile

4 year old Savannah monitor

My monitor belongs to my son who lives in MD he’s been with me for 4 years now and has had no problem eating all forms of food liver chicken pork turkey meat steak mice crickets worms and large fishing minnows. He lived in a 55 gallon fish tank with a sun light 150 watt basking light a pywood made nesting house and a dish pan for his water. I took him back to my son in MD but then had to go back and get him one of his bulbs was blown basting light and he was very cold I got another bulb warmed him up and brought him home the next day to NC this was around Xmas. He now will only eat few bite of food worms he loves but from time to time he act like he cant swallow he some time goes into his nesting house will not come out and he is so cold and nonresponive I can tell he is losing weight for his belly is Winkle with excess skin he swallow a lot like the maybe something caught in his throat does anyone have any ideal what maybe wrong with him I cannot seem to find a vet for him. Thanks Brenda Kelly

03/27/18  10:03pm

Bughuul
View Profile

Message To: Crabtreevamp   In reference to Message Id: 2322230

You have him in a 55 gallon aquarium still? Or am I reading that wrong? Give a rundown of his temp gradient and a few pics if you can. We will see what we can do to help from there.

04/04/18  05:15pm

Crabtreevamp
View Profile

Message To: Bughuul   In reference to Message Id: 2322264

Not any more! And he is eating great now he is in a greenhouse atmosphere now and is gaining weight. He will not sick anymore and his skin is peeling in place when it comes off ithe fresh skin is really whit and is sore to touch. I soak him some times in warm water. I cannot seem to figure out how to post a picture but right now he’s active eating and drinking water. So thanks for getting back to me. Brenda

05/21/18  01:07am

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area