Monitors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Connelly183   Connelly183  

Member  Message

Connelly183
View Profile

Monitor superworm feeding issues

Hello all, brand new to the forums here, just thought I would share my experience/get some feedback on feeding superworms to a new baby water monitor. So I made an order from flukers for crickets and soldier fly larvae and 250 superworms was only like another $10 so I added them to my order. I put about 7/8 in a dish and he immediately ran over to feed, I noticed he was pulling them out and fighting with them and then leaving some dead ones around the dish, the next day when I was changing out his water dish I noticed there were a few in the water (about 2 feet from the feeding dish), in retrospect I can see these were regurgitated. I stopped offering immediately and it’s been about 3 weeks since that time, today I was again changing water and I saw what looked like the outer shell/casings in the water of about 3 superworms... 3 weeks later! Basking spot hits around 125/135, ambient temps in the mid 80’s and he has been destroying crickets/turkey/eggs/fish/pinkies, defecating daily so he seems to be fine but I will not be feeding anymore supers in the future. Anyone else have these issues with supers?

09/04/17  08:41pm

Connelly183
View Profile

Message To: Connelly183   In reference to Message Id: 2321191

Monitor superworm feeding issues

Side note: if you’re in Atlanta and want some free superworms let me know lol

09/04/17  08:50pm

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area