Monitors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

WDreptile   Dpauldylan777   Bughuul   EdAtha  

Member  Message

WDreptile
View Profile

Sick water monitor, help!!

My baby Asian water monitor i got only had for a week I got him and he’s very skinny, he is 29gs will not eat, or explore or anything he sits in his water completely submerged, so I have to watch him and he hides or sleeps most of the days, 120 basking heat, hot side is 90-94• and cool sides 85-88• with some hides and big water dish

07/29/17  04:10pm

Dpauldylan777
View Profile

Message To: WDreptile   In reference to Message Id: 2320932

Are you trying to hand feed if so, put crickets or food in the cage and walk off and does it run away from you ?

11/29/17  01:13pm

Bughuul
View Profile

Baby waters tend to be fairly easy to stress out. And, in my experience, when stressed they will often spend a few hours hiding under water where they feel comfortable. You can bump your basking temp up a bit and see if that helps, but mostly I’d say to avoid interacting with him unless it’s entirely necessary until he gets more acclimated to his new enclosure. Share some details about your setup and it would be a bit easier to narrow down the cause if there is something besides just stress that’s causing it. Also, pics always help.

11/29/17  07:21pm

EdAtha
View Profile

Is your Asian water monitor CB or wild caught? It could be many different issues depending on those factors. If it was mine I would take to the vet as soon as possible and rule out parasites and worms. Make sure humidity levels are above 70%. And on the cool side of the cage I would let temp down to 78 degrees. And put some moss down and keep damp he will hide in it and will help hydrate him if dehydrated. Time is critical with babies so don’t wait tell to late to go to the vet!

01/29/18  07:13pm

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area