Monitors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Christian1256   Christian1256   Steven Stevenson  

Member  Message

Christian1256
View Profile

Need some help

Hi my names Chris and I’ve been thinking lately and want to step up to the next level of reptile keeping in my case a savannah monitor now atm i am going to an expo and am putting one in a 20 gallon long as a temporary cage for around 2 months with 2 heat lamps around 60-65 watt each the only issue is that I have most of the necessities of this animal and will be in around a year custom making a 6.5x3x3 foot tank but I would like to know if I can keep one on eco earth for around 2 weeks after that I will be buying top soil and play sand to give the monitor the burrowing ability and for the tank I’m putting a semi wet towel on one side of the lid to help retain moisture and was also told to spray twice a day is this correct? I appreciate any help I can get👍🏻

01/29/17  08:56pm

Christian1256
View Profile

Message To: Christian1256   In reference to Message Id: 2320192

Need some help

Ok so I did a lot more research and found out the needs of this animal and I’m going to the store tomorrow to get some stuff but I know the 20 long isn’t going to be the greatest thing to keep it in but will it be able to be good for two weeks? I’m building a 40 gallon breeder size wooden vivarium. Also I heard that you should keep baby’s 5-7 inches on echo earth is this true?

01/31/17  06:51pm

Steven Stevenson
View Profile

Message To: Christian1256   In reference to Message Id: 2320205

Need some help

Hey Chris. A hatchling might survive in a 20 gallon tank for two weeks but I doubt anything over 10 inches long would. Either way, the monitor wouldn’t be comfortable. I suppose you could get the monitor now; however, it would have a much higher chance of survival if it was housed in a larger enclosure

02/06/17  08:37pm

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area