Monitors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Hkelsey78   Hkelsey78   Hkelsey78  

Member  Message

Hkelsey78
View Profile

Did I buy a sick savannah :/

Thursday I bought a (roughly) 5 month old from a reptile shop/rescue. She claimed he was captive bred. He was in a cage with another (bigger) monitor. They were in a pretty small tank with crushed walnut as the substrate. There have been no other monitors in the area lately and I had been wanting one for a few months now so I kinda rushed the whole deal I suppose. I have him in a 55 gallon tank with a 50 watt halogen bulb (used the temp gun and it ranges from about 125-130) along with a more humidity holding substrate that he can burrow in. So far he hasn’t moved from the basking spot. He won’t eat, drink on his own and seems very lethargic. He lets me handle him and is completely calm. He appeared to have a chunk of walnut stuck in his gums and he sat perfectly still while I got it out. I let him soak in very warm water for a few minutes and he loved it. Idk what to do though. I’ve done loads of research (even though everything people say about savannahs is so damn contradicting) I’m trying to feed him mostly an assortment of invertebrates with the occasional pinky mouse here and there. He just won’t take any food.

10/29/16  04:04pm

Hkelsey78
View Profile

Message To: Hkelsey78   In reference to Message Id: 2319704

BTW he doesn’t "appear" sick. Hes a little on the slender side and he’s in shed but no bones showing. He just seems weak.

10/29/16  04:07pm

Hkelsey78
View Profile

Message To: Hkelsey78   In reference to Message Id: 2319704

Please someone help me out.

10/29/16  10:25pm

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area