Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Monitors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

PuppyLizard   Dajuice   PuppyLizard  

Member  Message

PuppyLizard
View Profile

What do you think of this enclosure idea?

I think I just had a brilliant idea. I want to make an outdoor enclosure for my Savannah for the summer months and have been researching options. Today I realized I may have the perfect solution. We have a 12 year old four person hottub that has been repaired a couple of times and currently is out of commission. I’ve been trying to find someone to haul it off. What if I closed off the returns and filled it with dirt and built a cage above that???. It is made to hold water, so certainly can hold the weight of the dirt. It is sturdy and has an attractive wooden base. It even has steps going into it! I live in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, essentially a rainforest. The humidity in the summer here is high and so is the heat. If I can figure out how to build an appropriate cage above it, seems like it would be perfect. Will this work? Good or bad idea???

06/21/16  06:30pm

Dajuice
View Profile

Message To: PuppyLizard   In reference to Message Id: 2318860

Sounds good, you can probably get a few pointers from some guys who’ve done it or are planning to.

06/21/16  07:03pm

PuppyLizard
View Profile

Message To: Dajuice   In reference to Message Id: 2318861

What??! Are you telling me I’m not the first person to think of this! Ack! My heart is broken. Here I was thinking I was so smart. Okay. Will go look for examples.. Thanks again...

Wooden frame and hard cloth ??

06/21/16  07:12pm

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area