Monitors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Louise93   Takahiro111   Louise93   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Louise93
View Profile

Naughty Bosc monitor

Hello, I have a 2 year Bosc monitor called Ned, she’s a female.
She has a large Vivarium, soil for digging, humidity and correct heat and lighting. However I have made a mistake! She often comes out to explore and excercise, but since, always wants to be out! When put back in the Vivarium, she will get annoyed and scratch at the glass for hours, looking for a way out!
I understand that she needs the correct humidity and heating for health, so my question is, will her being out of her Vivarium for hours every day cause her bad health? If anyone has similar experience please let me know. She acts more like a house cat now, but I don’t want to put her curiosity before her health,
Thank you, Louise

04/23/16  10:45am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Louise93   In reference to Message Id: 2318018

Naughty Bosc monitor

My monitors stays outside in the summer all day until it starts to get dark even in my house they roam for 1-2 hrs but I keep them in a roaming room where its warm and I never had issues nor did they scratch at their cages. What’s your cage size?

04/23/16  12:02pm

Louise93
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2318020

Naughty Bosc monitor

That’s good to know! Thank you
The viv is 6ft by 3ft by 3ft, although it’s big I’m thinking of making her a new one because she’s so determined to roam.

04/23/16  02:42pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Louise93   In reference to Message Id: 2318022

Naughty Bosc monitor

Your welcome, adding decor will also give them something to do so instead of the scratching he’ll check out his new enclosure and have things to climb over. Covering the front would also help because some lizards do not understand they can not go through glass

04/23/16  06:14pm

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area