Monitors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Charles Lee Ray   3240   Yaksha   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Charles Lee Ray
View Profile

Staying burrowed

Anyone on here who has a monitor notice how much their lizard stays in its burrow. Mine has several burrows she has excavated and stays in for days at a time. I keep track of her food and behavior, coding -1 for never coming out and a numerical value for how many mice she eats. I take the values and enter them into excel at the end of each month. For January, she stay inside her burrow 42% of the time or 13 out of 31 days of the month. She eats an average of 3 fuzzes a day sometimes going a few days without eating. When she’s warmed up (basking spot is 120-150f) she will devour four fuzzes, maybe more I haven’t offered more than four. The temperatures range from 78-85f with 80%R/H depending on the time of day. Being an Argus monitor I thought she’d be more active, everyone always said they are hyperactive naturally. Any thoughts are welcome :0)

02/04/16  06:18pm

View Profile

Message To: Charles Lee Ray   In reference to Message Id: 2316918

Staying burrowed

02/06/16  10:03am

View Profile

Message To: 3240   In reference to Message Id: 2316942

Staying burrowed

usually a monitor who stays buried means that it is either scared or the humidity is too low in the enclosure. Is the enclosure in a high traffic area?

02/09/16  12:26am

View Profile

Message To: Yaksha   In reference to Message Id: 2316962

Staying burrowed

I agree with yaksha...before I started using timers my humidity would drop for all my tropics and the majority would dig under substrate or soak.

02/09/16  12:12pm

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area