Monitors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Rex7777   Takahiro111   Raptorman   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Rex7777
View Profile

Boiled eggs

I just got this savannah monitor about a month ago. He is a male about a year old. The previous owner only fed him boiled eggs. He eats two boiled eggs every two days. I have tried feeding him other things like fuzzies, hissing roaches, dubia roaches, mice. He won’t touch them even if I mix them with the boiled eggs or by themselves. Is ok to keep giving him only boiled eggs?

12/07/15  02:16pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Rex7777   In reference to Message Id: 2316005

Boiled eggs

That’s not a good staple diet I only give my sav a boiled as a treat once in a while but what I would try is either space out his feeding schedule to make him a little more hungry or scent the food with something else. Since the previous owner was so irresponsible to give a proper diet this will take quite some time to get him back on the right start. I don’t recommend feeding live rodents but you may have to if you didn’t to get him off the eggs.

12/07/15  02:58pm

Raptorman
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2316006

Boiled eggs

why do you not recomend feeding live rodents i didnt know thats was not a good thing for them

12/08/15  09:45am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Raptorman   In reference to Message Id: 2316018

Boiled eggs

I do it if I have to which is a last resort. My water monitor and the croc monitor I’m suppose to get(owner didn’t know what he was getting into) eats things like chickens,rabbits and large rats and I don’t intend to let the prey fight back and harm my reptiles. My friends water monitor died because he fed a live rabbit and the tables turned killing the lizard not to mention not many petstores takes good care of their animals so feeding a sick animal to my reptiles is a no-go so best to get from rodentpro they have everything I need and I don’t have to breed smelly rodents.

12/08/15  04:30pm

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area