Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Monitors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Taylorgilbert   3240   Taylorgilbert   Mdf   Yaksha   Taylorgilbert   Yaksha   Taylorgilbert   Yaksha   Taylorgilbert  

Member  Message

Taylorgilbert
View Profile

What happened to the monitor forums

what on earth has happened to all the monitor forums? it also seems like most reptile forums in general are slow but seems like all the monitor forums have disappeared ! i have never been a big contributor to forums but now that iv got the room and time an have starting collecting monitors i used to rely on those forums archives as i had for years while learning about monitors. some one please explain to me what has happened

11/20/15  12:47pm

View Profile

Message To: Taylorgilbert   In reference to Message Id: 2315802

Facebook

11/20/15  01:36pm

Taylorgilbert
View Profile

Message To: 3240   In reference to Message Id: 2315804

kinda figured,

are there forums on Facebook or varanid keeper groups, im familiar with Facebook like the rest of the planet i just generally despise it.

also specifically what happened to varanus,n e t i cant even access the forum im not sure if its me or the site ?

11/21/15  01:07am

Mdf
View Profile

Message To: Taylorgilbert   In reference to Message Id: 2315816

Yes facebook, great for pics, crap for learning monitor stuff!

11/21/15  10:03am

Yaksha
View Profile

Message To: Mdf   In reference to Message Id: 2315823

I also think a lot of good keepers got tired of giving advice to novice keepers only to be yelled at or ignored..

11/22/15  10:17am

Taylorgilbert
View Profile

Message To: Yaksha   In reference to Message Id: 2315837

Im sure that’s the case what im saying is where are all these new keepers I know people are still buying imported monitors that they will need help with heck iv read every forum post I could find on indicus complex monitors an still have a bazillion questions

11/23/15  09:53am

Yaksha
View Profile

Message To: Taylorgilbert   In reference to Message Id: 2315854

I am not sure, some check in from time time, ask away and if i know the answer i will share. I have been doing this for a very long time

11/23/15  12:11pm

Taylorgilbert
View Profile

Message To: Yaksha   In reference to Message Id: 2315857

well im glad theres still somane life left here and some people familiar with actual monitor husbandry. what species of monitors do you and have you had any success breeding them ?

11/23/15  03:35pm

Yaksha
View Profile

Message To: Taylorgilbert   In reference to Message Id: 2315873

Honestly i have never tried my hand at breeding, and currently dont have any monitors after my Rough necked monitor passed away in the spring,

11/24/15  12:00pm

Taylorgilbert
View Profile

Message To: Yaksha   In reference to Message Id: 2315887

now i was under the assumption monitors bred without cycling and that a sexually mature pair (regardless of species, though the only successful breeding account of griseus i can recall stated they required brumation ) will typically begin breeding on their own?

but with no sexually mature monitors of my own i cant say one way for sure, unless of course your saying you never kept any pairs of monitors together.

also how was your experience with rudicollis as a captive as far as how often you got to see how it , how fast it grew, how often an what did u feed it,being a larger varanid did you find a preference for rodents to insects ? ,did it seem to burrow alot ? what method of caging did you use? sorry to bombard you with questions but there is like zero good information in regard to any of the commonly imported monitors and any and all information is directly correlatable to my on going experiences with indicus

and which other species have you kept?

11/24/15  03:36pm

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area