Monitors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Bigmossy22   War Machine   Bigmossy22   Krusty  

Member  Message

Bigmossy22
View Profile

Lighting/Heating for sav

About to get the lighting for my sav enclosure almost done just put the last coat of polyacrilic on I’m going with 4 lights above his basking spot just a flood light what would you recommend for the wattage? 45-50 or 75? And in those 4 lights should I include some sort of UVA UVB light what is the best one was looking at the repti sun but heard some bad things about the merc in it?

07/31/12  12:11pm

War Machine
View Profile

Message To: Bigmossy22   In reference to Message Id: 2275035

Lighting/Heating for sav

If you’re using 4 bulbs, use the 40 watts. Just a regular flood light. Don’t worry about uvb bulbs. Just be diligent with your dustings. And temperatures are on point.

07/31/12  12:29pm

Bigmossy22
View Profile

Message To: War Machine   In reference to Message Id: 2275039

Lighting/Heating for sav

Sounds good and just to clarify insects are the only ones needing dusting? Fish pinkies ect anytging with bones dose not?

07/31/12  12:38pm

Krusty
View Profile

Message To: Bigmossy22   In reference to Message Id: 2275041

Lighting/Heating for sav

Correct, anything with a skeleton (fish,mice,birds WHOLE) and you do not need to dust it. Those are nutritionally complete feeders. Commercial bugs need dust a few times per week as if you feed them massive calcium feeds, they produce extra hard shells and die off with crickets for some reason as procured insects. Wild insects don’t have that issue and are actually better nutrition but have parasitic issues possibly,etc etc. Dust your bugs 2 or 3 times per week if you feed 5 days per week, average. Very light coating is all that’s needed and use Calcium with D3 sometimes, not just straight Ca++.

07/31/12  12:43pm

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area