Monitors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

SalvatorREX   Krusty   SalvatorREX   Krusty  

Member  Message

SalvatorREX
View Profile

Sexual Organ??

ok i posted a pic of my water monitor a few weeks back , asking was my water monitor boy or girl.
(REX or ROSE) and a couple people commented and agreed it was female. and just 5 minutes ago i had he/she out on my bed and he took a dump. on my bed. and my brother was next to he/she and said right before the poop came out. he saw something purple come out to the side . so im wondering if female monitors also evert sexual organs?? if so would it be possible for any one to post male and female sexual organ photos. so i can show my brother the comparrison of the two so he can show me wich one he saw. thanks
-Justin

07/15/12  07:53am

Krusty
View Profile

Message To: SalvatorREX   In reference to Message Id: 2273380

Sexual Organ??

Both sexes have organs that pop out. Male organs are typically very big and unmistakable. Males tend to have a flowering thick portion on the tip also, while females is usually a small tube.

07/15/12  08:39am

SalvatorREX
View Profile

Message To: Krusty   In reference to Message Id: 2273382

Sexual Organ??

then maby it was the female organ because he says he didnt see a tip of anything he just saw something round and purple come out to the side. thanks though

07/15/12  09:19am

Krusty
View Profile

Message To: SalvatorREX   In reference to Message Id: 2273384

Sexual Organ??

The problem is it’s all uncertainty unless you see a fully everted male where it’s hard to mistake. A male can, however, partially evert a tube leading you to not know for certain if it was a full female eversion or a 1/2 way male’s eversion. Blood and fluid pressure sort of "inflates" the organs and it happens incidentally if they push hard to drop a deuce. You can also carefully bend the lizard’s tail up and look for the telltale bulges just like how you sex Bearded Dragons. Males have enormous bulges in most Monitor species who are nearing adulthood.

07/16/12  08:23am

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area