Monitors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

War Machine   3240   Krusty   3240   Krusty  

Member  Message

War Machine
View Profile

What to look for in Monitor poop :)

Lol as gross as it sounds. Its a very reliable way to tell how your monitor is digesting.

I have a Varanus Exanthematicus, Male, and a Varanus Albigularis Microstictus, Also leading to believe male.

I always try to monitor how frequent they defecate, the sav is easy, straight in the waterbowl, but the WT poops in the soil and buries it lol so its harder for me.

What are signs of BAD stool? Pics would be great, ie of internal worms? improper digestion? etc.

06/14/12  08:25pm

View Profile

Message To: War Machine   In reference to Message Id: 2270052

If it’s really chewy your temps are too low.

06/15/12  01:34am

Krusty
View Profile

Message To: 3240   In reference to Message Id: 2270077

"Chewy" implies you put it in your mouth and chomped on it there John. Yummy. Does it have a nutty flavor? LOL

If it’s liquid diarrhea and stinks in a most foul way - bad.

If there are bits and pieces of crickets and stuff undigested - kept too cool to digest properly - bad.

If it has the putrid ammonia stench (the urates that come out with the poop) - it can be too much purine/meat and dehydration or kidney problems there - bad.

Anything that looks like worms, sesame seeds, bits of tiny white flecks that implies worm eggs - bad.

Each species and what it’s eating has a consistency. They generally don’t make firm "logs" but it’s not wet/runny either. It’s usually sort of like a parrot/bird crap but a touch more formed when it’s normal.

Sorry - I don’t have pictures of my lizard’s craps. LOL Hard enough to get away from being called "Krusty" to have that kicking around on top of the house full of Monitors, crickets and frozen dead mice here. he he he ............

06/15/12  04:49pm

View Profile

Message To: Krusty   In reference to Message Id: 2270126

It was a bad joke Krusty. Swing and a miss.

06/15/12  06:13pm

Krusty
View Profile

Message To: 3240   In reference to Message Id: 2270144

LOL....and I thought I was going to pass the "Krusty" nickname torch on to you! Dammit....

06/15/12  06:33pm

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area