Monitors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Nd   Nd   BansheeRacer25   Nd   Kriminaal  

Member  Message

Nd
View Profile

14 ackie eggs

Finally got to dig them up this morning. Some were a little dented, they were a little larger this time. I have not seen my female eat since she laid yesterday. This worries me a little she is usually a real pig after laying. She is also really skinny this time, she doesn’t look dehydrated skin color looks good and when I picked her up to take her out of the cage her skin felt good, nice and smooth. Hopefully she starts to eat soon. Any suggestions as to why she would not be eating right away. My first guess would be dehydration, I have lots of usable hides that limit air flow, sub is a honest 18’’ deep and nice and humid down deep, That’s were she has been spending most of her time lately. There is a great heat gradient from the high 140’s to about 78, with usable hides in all areas. Always fresh water and plenty of food. She has been basking at different temps like normal, and I have seen her drink after laying. She seemed interested in the fuzzies nosed them around and bit at them but then walked away witch never happened before. I can’t say for sure she didn’t eat any crickets I just didn’t see it and that’s rare after laying. Sorry so long I just wanted to give as much info as I could think of. I have thick skin so any info as well as criticism is welcome, if I worry to much just let me know. There resilience amazes me this female has now laid 77 eggs at just turning 2 years old, all this while still going through my newbie learning curve. Thanks for reading and for any info, take it easy.

06/09/12  10:39am

Nd
View Profile

Message To: Nd   In reference to Message Id: 2269331

14 ackie eggs

I may have worried a little to soon. I just saw her chasing some crickets around. Maybe she just needed some rest. Still open to any thoughts .

06/09/12  12:01pm

BansheeRacer25
View Profile

Message To: Nd   In reference to Message Id: 2269336

14 ackie eggs

Try chopping some fuzzies up. ny females dont really eat big items right after laying. especially if its a very large clitch.

Good luck.

06/09/12  02:24pm

Nd
View Profile

Message To: BansheeRacer25   In reference to Message Id: 2269354

14 ackie eggs

yeah I ended up doing that, not sure if the female ate them or if the male did when he came out? Thanks.

06/10/12  09:38am

Kriminaal
View Profile

Message To: Nd   In reference to Message Id: 2269427

14 ackie eggs

Get some pedialyte into her and I wouldn’t recommend picking her up after laying. She’s stressed enough.

06/11/12  01:59pm

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area