Monitors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Nd   Gatorhunter   Nd   Kriminaal   Nd   Krusty   Kriminaal  

Member  Message

Nd
View Profile

Eggs laid over night

Have not had a chance to dig them up yet, female is still basking. She hasn’t even started eating yet, she must have just come up. I gave her fresh water, threw in a few fuzzies and some crickets. Once she warms up she will drink eat and bask for several hours. Waiting to dig always drives me crazy. the eggs were laid 43 days after last clutch, right on her normal schedule. I thought they were coming last weekend, that will teach me to stick to my notes and follow her normal time frames. What’s pretty cool is when I checked my notes June 8Th is the same day she laid her third clutch last year. Amazing she started mating on the same day this year as last and clutches are being laid on the same days. That’s it for now I’ll post back after I dig, take it easy.

06/08/12  08:10am

Gatorhunter
View Profile

Message To: Nd   In reference to Message Id: 2269199

Eggs laid over night

Congrats on the eggs. How are the other eggs holding out? Funny how monitors get a routine like that.

06/08/12  02:08pm

Nd
View Profile

Message To: Gatorhunter   In reference to Message Id: 2269228

Eggs laid over night

11 of the 16 are still good, 3 were duds from the get go and 2 went a few weeks ago. I actually candled them the other day (something I said I wasn’t going to do) I left them in the container and did it. 11 had veins and dark shadows in one corner. My female is still out so I haven’t been able to dig yet. I’ll post back after I dig.

06/08/12  03:05pm

Kriminaal
View Profile

Message To: Nd   In reference to Message Id: 2269231

Eggs laid over night

Are talking about your Ackies laying at 43 days? That’s getting a little late or your math is bad,lol
I’ve never had a good outcome going that late.

06/11/12  02:03pm

Nd
View Profile

Message To: Kriminaal   In reference to Message Id: 2269618

Eggs laid over night

It’s 43 days from the last clutch, I might of forgot to say that. I didn’t see mating so I don’t have a exact number of days for that but she usually runs 18 to 21 days. I just noticed she was gravid the week before she laid as she is usually not out when I am home. If I had to bet she was probably in that time frame. Take it easy.

06/11/12  05:14pm

Krusty
View Profile

Message To: Nd   In reference to Message Id: 2269653

Eggs laid over night

As pairs of Dwarf Monitors get older, you rarely catch them mating and have to go by visual clues. Good luck, Nick. Hatch em, dude!!!

06/11/12  10:53pm

Kriminaal
View Profile

Message To: Krusty   In reference to Message Id: 2269710

Eggs laid over night

No, you did say it. I missed it the first time.
Congrats though.

06/12/12  07:29am

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area