Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Monitors Forum

Gt   Gatorhunter   Reedie   Sidbarvin  
 Member  Message

Gt
View Profile

No pics but cool find.......

I saw the biggest indicus I have ever seen today while driving through a dirt road near a jungle area. I was driving about 5-10 mph through a dirt road when I saw something long laying across the road. My first thought was that it had to be a monitor, but then I questioned that guess cause this "thing" literally layed across the whole road. Then I thought maybe it was a stick/log. But when I got about 50-60 feet away this "log" lifted its head up and looked in my direction. This lizard layed across the whole road. Its head was near one side of the road while its tail actually went passed the road and into the jungle. When I got closer it got up and ran straight into the jungle. I got out of my truck to see if I could see it again but it was gone. Later on I went back to the area and measured the road across. It measured a little over 6 ft! Thats one huge indicus!!!!!

Wish I had brought my camera. From now on I will be sure to have it in hand whenever I pass that area.

09/04/07  05:37am

Gatorhunter
View Profile

Message To: Gt   In reference to Message Id: 1431333

that would be a big indicus. I bet it was a komodo lol. Nice find GT, get some pics next time.

09/04/07  03:14pm

Reedie
View Profile

Message To: Gatorhunter   In reference to Message Id: 1431647

Are you sure you weren’t hallucinating? lol. That would be a huge indicus, great find. Never go anywhere with out a camera!!!!

-Reed

09/04/07  05:08pm

Sidbarvin
View Profile

Message To: Reedie   In reference to Message Id: 1431751

I saw a picture of a huge indicus over on the KS forum a while back that belonged to some girl. It looked like it could have been that long.

09/04/07  07:48pm

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area