Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Monitors Forum

Savlover   KAP10CAVY   Savlover   Animalsrawsome   Savlover  
 Member  Message

Savlover
View Profile

New Kiddo

So I went to my local pet shelter today and saw this poor looking sav in a 20 gallon long with no water, heat and just glass for the bottom. It was horrible and the thing had been there for over a week. I brought him home and he is in a 40 gallon right now in my room for isolation. He wont eat anything right on his own so I got his mouth open and got a pinky down and a supper worm. He ate those and drank a ton of water plus is still soaking in it.

03/31/07  10:17pm

KAP10CAVY
View Profile

Message To: Savlover   In reference to Message Id: 1229297

New Kiddo

Go to the caresheet section and read mine.
Build it a proper cage and everything else will take care of itself.
The critter you have is highly stressed and dehyderated, force feeding it will just make matters worse.

Scott

03/31/07  10:36pm

Savlover
View Profile

Message To: KAP10CAVY   In reference to Message Id: 1229315

New Kiddo

I have a sav already, Jade, who is in a 8ft by 3ft by 2ft water trough so ill just go out and get another one for this one. He seems to be doing better, he is now basking and seems to be more alert. Looks like he might just pull through. I admire everything they they can go through and still pull through and be just fine. The only reason he is in the 40 gallon is because I was not planning on getting another one anytime soon but when I saw this guy it killed me.

03/31/07  11:48pm

Animalsrawsome
View Profile

Message To: Savlover   In reference to Message Id: 1229393

New Kiddo

i would get a bigger cage, and its good that u got it cause it needed someone that knew about monitors rather than someone who knows notin

04/01/07  12:19am

Savlover
View Profile

Message To: Animalsrawsome   In reference to Message Id: 1229428

New Kiddo

Hes doing great this morning, I went in to change his water bowl after he had pooped in it and he tried to bit. Good sign that he is a monitor again.

04/01/07  09:30am

Back to Monitors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area