Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Monitors-Dwarf Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Monitors-Dwarf Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

CivicDemon   Nd   CivicDemon   Nd   CivicDemon   Nd   CivicDemon   Arashikage1  

Member  Message

CivicDemon
View Profile

Ackie Male or Female ???? Please help

So i was just wondering if anyone can tell if my Ackie is a male or female, i looked under it and i could not see and spurs or anything like that, atleast any that stand out, some people say you can tell by the way they look so if anyone can please let me know.

Pics.

and heres its enclosure ( still want to add some fake plants )

10/15/11  01:28am

Nd
View Profile

Message To: CivicDemon   In reference to Message Id: 2240544

I am certainly no expert at this but if I had to guess for fun, I would say female slightly square tail base, long thin head and neck and it’s hard to guess size but the coler hasen’t started to redden up yet. But don’t quote me, and it still looks young. as I said I am just guessing for fun.

This is a pic of my female when she was young look at the color on her back and head neck shape. very similar I think.

10/17/11  05:33pm

CivicDemon
View Profile

Message To: Nd   In reference to Message Id: 2240896

yeah it does kinda look like urr, its still young do only 14 inches and about 6 or 7 months old i think. I really hope it is a female but if not i will have to try and see if i can trade my red male for a female plus cash on my end. Hes a bit older do and his prev. owner wasnt to good with him he is missing a toe and has a little scar on his back, but he is hand tame and hopefully i can get him back to how he should be. he has ben with me for about 1 week and he is already looking better.

10/20/11  09:07am

Nd
View Profile

Message To: CivicDemon   In reference to Message Id: 2241227

If you go to the moniter forum you can see pix of her when I first got her and recent pix. Like I said I was only guesing. The pix are on the post new here. good luck. Also there are expirienced people to give you a better idea. She is the larger one on my hand.

10/20/11  10:02pm

CivicDemon
View Profile

Message To: Nd   In reference to Message Id: 2241337

re some new pics of the vent and all that.

these are cell phone pics so sorry if there not all that great. But thanks in advanced to who ever can help out.

11/01/11  02:43am

Nd
View Profile

Message To: CivicDemon   In reference to Message Id: 2242621

I still think female. The head shape and darker color. Although I can’t tell by the vent pix, the tail does look rounder in these. Again I am no expert but I’m going to stick with female. Take it easy.

11/01/11  08:27am

CivicDemon
View Profile

Message To: Nd   In reference to Message Id: 2242626

thanks for the info

11/01/11  10:39am

Arashikage1
View Profile

Message To: CivicDemon   In reference to Message Id: 2242630

Looks female to me, for whatever thats worth.

Mike W

11/23/11  08:13am

Back to Monitors-Dwarf Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area