Milk Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Milk Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Nettathekid   Cphill58  

Member  Message

Nettathekid
View Profile

More Active than Usual

Hello, everyone. I am new here, but I have looked around quite a bit and haven’t found much information on this. I bought an albino Nelson’s milksnake about a year ago. His previous (and second) owner told me he was about 3 or 4 years old. She told me to feed him 2 or 3 small mice every other week and that he sheds about every 3 months. This is my first snake, but I’ve had experience with other reptiles. Everything has gone just peachy up until recently I’ve noticed that he’s just been acting kind of weird. He shed twice in 8 weeks, which is odd for him, and he has been extremely active, day and night. He used to just lay content for hours at a time, and now he’s constantly all over the place. He also was spending a lot of time in the heated area of his tank, which is unlike him. I was wondering if maybe he is growing or if he could be sick? He does wheeze sometimes, but he’s done it since I’ve had him and usually more so around when he sheds. He is eating fine (I feed him 3 small mice every other Sunday in a different container). Is he eating too much? He is currently in a 40 gallon long tank with an under tank heater on one end. The substrate is coconut fiber and I spray the tank once or twice a day. Sorry for such a long post! I wanted to provide as much information as I could. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

02/19/15  01:20pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Nettathekid   In reference to Message Id: 2312403

More Active than Usual

I know this question is months old... but every year at this time ( Feb / Mar) is the breeding season ... they are looking for a mate. Usually for a month or so... and sometimes will go off food during that time

Beautiful little guy there....congrats

08/29/15  05:53pm

Back to Milk Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area