Back to Milk Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Vias   Snakebuz   Snakebuz  

Member  Message

Vias
View Profile

Re vivariums

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question.
I have a Honduran Milksnake - Serena - who is 6 yrs old. She is very calm and well behaved.
I house her in a four foot viv but was reading up on the net about how milksnakes, though not strictly arboreal, occasionally climb trees.

Therefore I was wondering whether she might be happier with a taller viv. or will she just freak out?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Vias

05/28/14  09:39am

Snakebuz
View Profile

Message To: Vias   In reference to Message Id: 2305366

Re vivariums

Snakes are kind of like people, in that there are some that do not conform to the "normal" behaviors. Some milksnakes won’t use a hide at all, while most do. Some only while in blue, a "vulnerable" state for most snakes. I have Hondos that like to climb some... and they sure make good pictures, a colorful snake like they are all stretched out in the "trees". Fix your vivarium like you want it...He will probably use it at least occasionally. This is of course my opinion. Go by yours.

SSSSSSsssssnakebuz

06/26/14  11:51am

Snakebuz
View Profile

Message To: Vias   In reference to Message Id: 2305366

Re vivariums

Snakes are kind of like people, in that there are some that do not conform to the "normal" behaviors. Some milksnakes won’t use a hide at all, while most do. Some only while in blue, a "vulnerable" state for most snakes. I have Hondos that like to climb some... and they sure make good pictures, a colorful snake like they are all stretched out in the "trees". Fix your vivarium like you want it...He will probably use it at least occasionally. This is of course my opinion. Go by yours.

SSSSSSsssssnakebuz

06/26/14  11:56am

Back to Milk Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area