Milk Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Milk Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

SynthSnake   The Lone Glider   SynthSnake   The Lone Glider   SynthSnake  

Member  Message

SynthSnake
View Profile

MITES??? ( SNAKE EXPERT NEEDED )

Hi, this is my new milk snake, i picked him or her up from a friend and im not completly sure if they were taking care of it. (Hence why i bought him)

I managed to get a decent picture of his under side pressed up against the glass of my tank. this snake seems completely healthy and lives in a brand new tank with as follows :-

HEAT MAT, HEMP BEDDING HIDES FOR BOTH WARM AND COLD SIDE WATER BOWL AND DECORATIONS.

can anyone please confirm that my snake has or doesn;t have mites as i am very concerned although i have’nt found any mites in his water bowl or on the tissue when i bought the snake! a picture is below thanks in advance... SAM

03/18/13  06:49pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: SynthSnake   In reference to Message Id: 2293961

You’d need to get a closer pic of him. Look for little black stuff under the scales. You will only be able to see it from up close as far as I can tell. If you can get a few different pic up close to him in different spots where you think he has it then people will be able to help more.

03/18/13  07:39pm

SynthSnake
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2293965

yes this is a really close up picture but i had to re-size due to the file size i can see a couple of black dots under his belly with a pinkish red surrounding it.. however his belly pattern isn’t the same all the way down and so it could easily be just random black dots naturally.. if my snake has mites will they be moving under his skin and would there be mites for sure in the tank because i have searched the water bowl every night even when he has bathed in it and i have found nothing at all.? can i email you the full-size picture by any chance.. again thanks lone-glider for your reply on my post! if you could leav your email that would be great!

03/18/13  09:27pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: SynthSnake   In reference to Message Id: 2293977

Lol. sure. Its pionusPARROT@h o t mail.com. IF its scales then the blackness will be on top of the scale, not under, so it sounds like he might, BUT I need those other pictures just to make sure. I would like some of them out of the tank too. like get him on his belly and take it that way. I always treat for mites with my reptiles because I have a lot of them and if one gets them, they all will, and I prefer to be safe rather then sorry. so once a month I deep clean all my cages with Clorox clean it out really well and then treat for mites. and all the other cleanings I deep clean with hot water. Lol. I have a problem with worrying so keeping everything clean and neat is a must for me. and No Problem. I love to help people when I can.:)

03/18/13  10:32pm

SynthSnake
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2293980

hi lone-glider i sent you the image so you can have a closer look i will get more images when he has digested his food cheers sam also everyone else feel free to comment!

03/19/13  04:00pm

Back to Milk Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area