Milk Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Milk Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

IguanaRama   Peter54  

Member  Message

IguanaRama
View Profile

Confused

So I just got a honduran milk snake from the reptile expo yesterday and they said she last ate friday but I’m not sure how much I believe that as they said she was too small to sex come to find out from three other vendors she’s female and not too small to tell the gender. She’s very calm no aggression or musking but my boyfriend was holding her and she like mouthed his finger not in a aggressive way or anything and when he moved his finger and she let go and went about slithering around.. it wasn’t like a normal snake tag and he said she didn’t even hurt him she just put her mouth on him and let go.. What I’m curious about was what did that mean could it be she’s hungry or just testing out what he is? I’ve never owned a milk before but I do know a normal snake tag compared to this and she didn’t strike she just put her mouth on his finger nonchalantly and let go and went about crawling through his hands.

04/23/12  11:13pm

Peter54
View Profile

Message To: IguanaRama   In reference to Message Id: 2263991

Confused

Snakes can be sexed whatever size they are, you just do it in different ways. Very young snakes, up to 3 months, can be "popped". There is a nice video showing how this is done on Cathy Loves site.

Older snakes can be sexed by probing them with special probing tools.

Hard to tell why your snake "tasted" a finger, perhaps the finger had an interresting smell?

08/18/12  02:41pm

Back to Milk Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area