Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Milk Snakes Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Milk Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Pinacolada   Chameleon_man   Pinacolada   Chameleon_man  

Member  Message

Pinacolada
View Profile

My milk snake has refused his pinky ????

My apricot Pueblan milksnake wont eat ????

I recently purchased a baby apricot pueblan milk snake, I have been feeding him one pinky every week with no problem for six weeks know. I live in new york and the winter climate has made the tank he lives in alittle colder. Each time I feed him I place the snake and the pinky in a clean 5-gallon bucket, he refused his pinky this week > what do you think I should do? I feel the temperature is cold so he is in a dormant mode? I also have two small corn snakes that are feeding with no problems? The milk snake is more fussy, than the corn snakes. I keep a heating pad on 24/7 under his tank and he has a large water bowl. What to do?????

01/21/12  03:50pm

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Pinacolada   In reference to Message Id: 2252035

Dont freak out to much they do that sometimes. you may try turning up heat a little. my snake sometime eats every week then sometimes every 2 weeks. he also may just still be full from the last meal. I would say its the cold so he may be trying to hold onto his food longer.

01/23/12  02:15pm

Pinacolada
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2252422

Thanks for answering, He ate and all is back to normal , The temp in my tank is 60 without a canopy light on , the under the tank heating pad is on 24/7 This is due to the cold weather, do you think I should be leaving the canopy light all day too to raise the temp to 75 degrees ? The snake seems to move ontop of the heating pad area when it wants to and so one , without the upper light on.. What kind of snakes do you have?

PinaColada

01/25/12  09:19am

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Pinacolada   In reference to Message Id: 2252684

ya a lot of reptiles will move over or under heat i would turn it up a little to about 75f. i leave my lights on 24/7 i use the red lights. they say they can not see the red in that light or something so i have mine on all the time. i own 1 red-tailed, 4 corn snakes ( all adult), 2 milk snakes, hog nose, and a rattle snake :-) thinking about getting albino red-tailed now.

01/25/12  09:26am

Back to Milk Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area