Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Milk Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Milk Snakes Forum

Dario_274   Tupi1   Peter54  
 Member  Message

Dario_274
View Profile

Questions on sinaloans !

Can sinaloans be in a/c ? If they can, what is the lowest temperature they can be ? I’m willing to buy a baby, what should i feed her, pinkies, small mice, etc. ? Thanks for any help !

09/13/11  05:07pm

Tupi1
View Profile

Message To: Dario_274   In reference to Message Id: 2236811

Questions on sinaloans !

I keep my Sinaloan mostly room temps 75 and above with a 85/88 degree basking site.All snakes need a basking area except maybe black milksnakes. My sinaloan is very young and he started with fuzzys. You could feed large pinks too.
You can use a light on top the tank to bump up the temps on one end even in an AC room.As long as they can warm up somewhere and use it to digest the food.
I love the bright colors on the Sinaloans. But they are fast and mine pooped on me at first but they dont bite.

09/23/11  01:56pm

Peter54
View Profile

Message To: Dario_274   In reference to Message Id: 2236811

Questions on sinaloans !

I’m not sure that I quite understand the question, over here a/c means "air condition", but I have lots of experience keeping sinaloan milksnakes. I have kept and bred them for at least 20 years.

Small juvenile sinaloan milksnakes are fed on newly born pinkie mice. Most accept f/t from the beginning, but sometimes you need to trigger the small snake by offering it a live pinkie mouse once or twice.

I keep my sinaloans at about 77F daytime and about 68 at night. There is a spot where the temp reaches up to 88-89F, but they rarely visit that spot.

At this time I keep one adult breeding pair, a couple of newly hatched juveniles and one single very large 11 y o male. He is just enormous, I never ever imagined that a sinaloan milksnake could get this big.

Strange thing is that I havent really fed him more than any of the other adult sinaloans I have had thru the years, still he has grown to 5’8" weighing about 5 lbs. He is easy to handle although I don’t handle my snakes much, he has never bit or musked even once and I can easily trust a 4 yo kid to hold him.

This pic is old, I think it was taken 2008 and he has grown considerably since.

11/02/11  06:00pm

Back to Milk Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area