Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Milk Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Milk Snakes Forum

Designer Dragons   Thirteen   Designer Dragons   Thirteen   Knox   Designer Dragons   Thirteen  
 Member  Message

Designer Dragons
View Profile

Active!?!

Hello.I purchased a milk at the repticon today and she is VERY VERY energetic.Now before you bash on me this is not my first snake and this was not an impulse buy.I have studied on them for several weeks now.

Back to my original question.She is tiny(about 9 inches or so)Will she ever calm down to where I can hold her?She isnt aggressive at all,but she wont just stay any any relative place for any period.Im not saying like a ball python.It is like she is trying to get away from me as fast as she can.

Any advice please.

01/29/11  08:31pm

Thirteen
View Profile

Message To: Designer Dragons   In reference to Message Id: 2201810

Active!?!

As you’ve studied them for weeks now, you’ve probably learned that juvenile milk snakes are more wild than adults and will calm down with handling and age.

01/30/11  06:52pm

Designer Dragons
View Profile

Message To: Thirteen   In reference to Message Id: 2202029

Active!?!

Actually no.I never once saw that.I was mainly focused on the care requirements.

02/02/11  11:22am

Thirteen
View Profile

Message To: Designer Dragons   In reference to Message Id: 2202706

Active!?!

Hmm. Well, it’s always a good idea to get a well rounded idea of an animal, not just it’s care requirement, as personality is a very important thing to be understanding of before purchasing the animal! Luckily you didn’t wind up getting a more active or nippy snake, as this would apply even moreso in that case. But yeah, with time and patience the snake should relax for you!

02/03/11  10:09pm

Knox
View Profile

Message To: Thirteen   In reference to Message Id: 2203148

Active!?!

Most small snakes are skittish - they think everything is going to eat them.

Yes, he should calm as he grows. Congrats! I love Milks.

02/16/11  07:23pm

Designer Dragons
View Profile

Message To: Knox   In reference to Message Id: 2205338

Active!?!

Well thank you knox.

The nippy part of snakes are know problem to me.He is actually the smallest snake I have ever had.She is the first colubrid I have ever owned.I have been raised around big boids and have never anything small.Trust me,when you get nippy condas youre little colubrids are nothing.lol

Oh, and why is it so important to know there personality when you get a snake.Knowing there personality will not help or hurt the snake.By the way I already have her calmed down.However she is the most boring snake ,besides the BP’s that is, I have ever had.LOL.Either way I am not going to get rid of her.

02/16/11  10:03pm

Thirteen
View Profile

Message To: Designer Dragons   In reference to Message Id: 2205373

Active!?!

I didn’t mean you should know the personality of the exact snake you are purchasing, as frequently that’s not possible, especially when purchasing online. I meant you should understand the general personality of the species of animals which you wish to obtain to avoid any surprises once you have them. Many a time people spend weeks researching and preparing for a new reptile, and upon getting it, learn that it is an aggressive species and wind up dumping it. That’s pretty sad, so it’s important for people to research all angles of what they plan to buy before it is in their hands.

02/21/11  02:35pm

Back to Milk Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area