Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Milk Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Milk Snakes Forum

X$nakeWranglerX   Peter54   X$nakeWranglerX   Under snaker   OneMode  
 Member  Message

X$nakeWranglerX
View Profile

Eastern Milk snake babies not eating!!!

Have 5 babies that hatched a week and a half ago, and they wont eat pinky’s or anything.please help.

09/05/10  04:19pm

Peter54
View Profile

Message To: X$nakeWranglerX   In reference to Message Id: 2173805

That’s way too soon to be worried. Have they even shed their first time yet?

Young milks do fine on their absorbed eggyoke for at least 3 weeks, but usually they start feeding after they have shed for the first time, wich usually happens about 10 to 14 days after hatching.

09/08/10  04:36pm

X$nakeWranglerX
View Profile

Message To: Peter54   In reference to Message Id: 2174446

Yes they have.they my first one shed about a week ago.They still wont eat eat.Im gonna leave them alone for a couple days and put a pinky in there cage secretly.

09/09/10  12:24am

Under snaker
View Profile

Message To: X$nakeWranglerX   In reference to Message Id: 2174534

if there not eating you know something could be wrong or they could be just scared.

06/09/11  04:00pm

OneMode
View Profile

Message To: X$nakeWranglerX   In reference to Message Id: 2173805

Try this one.... Leave them completely alone for about 3 days without bothering them or paying attention to them at all, go out and get some dairy cups just big enough for the snake to fit in and be right next to the pinky and drill some tiny holes in them for breathing. Then put the cup in a warm place(not hot) and leave them alone for about an hour checking on them. If they don’t eat, brain the maouse and try again for about an hour. They should eat I promise. I have been having hell with my baby hondurans, and I tried that technique a friend of mine gave me and I got all three of them eating awesome! They eat everytime. Just yesterday I put a pinky in their cages and they ate it with me watching. I even got my yearling malagasy hognose snake eating that way and I’ve had to force feed him or tease feed him for almost 9 months. I have gotten every new problem feeder eating this way. Don’t fall out though if it don’t work the first time. Just keep trying every couple days and it will work. Took me a month this way for my malagasy, now he eats off tongs :) Good luck partner!!! Let me know how it works out for you :)

11/08/11  08:33pm

Back to Milk Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area