Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Milk Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Milk Snakes Forum

SkellyHerName   Russell55   Alligater   Abcdefgh   Condog   Under snaker   Xkabx  
 Member  Message

SkellyHerName
View Profile

Corns vs. Milks

I have a tank set up ready for a corn snake. But while searching Craigslist I came upon a deal for a 4 year old milk snake (pueblan i think) that came with the enclosure and everything needed. I dont know what to do...There are also nice deals of corn snakes i’ve seen. Advice please?

03/09/10  12:28pm

Russell55
View Profile

Message To: SkellyHerName   In reference to Message Id: 2131368

Corns vs. Milks

Corns, milks, and kings all make great pets and generally have similar requirements. Some species may have special needs, (like my Black Milks need cooler temps and more moisture than most milks/kings), so make sure to read up on them. But my advice would be to choose the snake that you like best.

03/09/10  01:46pm

Alligater
View Profile

Message To: Russell55   In reference to Message Id: 2131379

Corns vs. Milks

I am like Russell55 get what you want. I started off with a tri color Honduran, then a tangerine Honduran, next black milks, get what you want for the rest will come later

03/12/10  04:20pm

Abcdefgh
View Profile

Corns vs. Milks

Well, if you already have a cage for a corn, get a corn and a milk if you can afford it! I have a corn snake, and I absolutely love it! Very docile, never been bit. When I wanted to get my first snake I wanted to get a milk snake because my cousin had one. But after doing some research, I thought corns were cool, so I got a baby corn snake (albino motley).

On the other hand, I think milks are very beautiful. Sinaloan milk snakes are my favorite, but that’s my opinion.

So get both if you can afford it. Obviously, keep them in a separate enclosure. You might find the corn "disappeared" when you were gone.

Also, craigslist has some free snakes with enclosures, so keep an eye out for that as well.

08/05/10  11:03pm

Condog
View Profile

Message To: Abcdefgh   In reference to Message Id: 2167431

Corns vs. Milks

Personally, I think a milk snake would be the way to go. Sure they might be a little more expensive, but what is $50 gonna hurt. Plus they are a much better looking snake. They tend to be a bit more agressive, but if your willing to put the time and effort into taming it, it’s definetly worth it. Corn snakes are much more docile and "layed back" but if you handle your milk snake enough, it will be just the same as a corn.
A milk snake’s cage isn’t THAT much different from a corn’s, just make sure you know enough about them, like heating a stuff.
But personally, the milk snake is the way to go. I used to want a corn but once I researched about milk snakes i changed my mind.

06/06/11  10:55pm

Under snaker
View Profile

Corns vs. Milks

I would take both of them corns and milks are very good pet snakes.

06/09/11  04:02pm

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Under snaker   In reference to Message Id: 2223773

Corns vs. Milks

ive never really liked corns, oh be quiet, im allowed to not like something. i just dont like the patterns and colors, they are so docile as well another turn off for me, i have a big chicken of a ball python and it drives me nuts that he is scared when i sneeze or cough or fart or blink at him. if my only options were between a corn and a milk (thank god i live in a free country and that doesnt limit my options to 2 species, there are thousands of species why choose from the 2 that everyone and their brother has or has had) then id say milk, i own a black milk and unlike the dull corn her colors are so bright, sure she eventually will look like shes been smeared with black ink but then she will emerge 100% black, she isnt aggressive so i dont know why you would have to tame a milk but she is curious i sneeze she looks up at me,i open her cage door and she comes to me. cool snake

06/10/11  09:50pm

Back to Milk Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area