Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Lost-Escaped-Herps Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Lost-Escaped-Herps Forum

Shazbo   KELSBELS   Shazbo   Shazbo   Red_rose_XOXO  
 Member  Message

Shazbo
View Profile

Need help with corn snake

Daughter had 3ft corn snake in Dec. I let it out of the cage accidently. She found the snake in her hedge hog cage tonight. It had killed her hedgie. She tried to get it, but it took off, and now we canít find it. Sheís afraid of him now. Until we catch him, is he a danger to our little dogs or her or her sister? Iím not a snake lover at all. Just want to find this critter a new home.

05/23/06  03:55am

KELSBELS
View Profile

Message To: Shazbo   In reference to Message Id: 799505

i feel your pain. i lost my corn snake about a month ago. still havenít found him yet though. if you find yours and still want to give it away, let me know. iíd love a new one!

05/23/06  11:10pm

Shazbo
View Profile

Message To: KELSBELS   In reference to Message Id: 800944

The only pain Iím feeling right now is the fact that a $40 snake killed a $150 hedge hog,and daughter will not sleep in her room until itís caught. Sheís taken to sleeping on the couch. Once heís found, Iím not sure if heíll be alive or not. Hubby put down glue traps to try and catch him with.

05/24/06  05:28pm

Shazbo
View Profile

Message To: Shazbo   In reference to Message Id: 802033

OK, the person posting about the corn snake is not actually THE Shazbo, Iím the real shazbo, thats my mom, apparently she didnít log out of my account before posting.

He did kill my Hedgehog. Iím not afraid of him, I just donít want my Pomeranians in my room with him in there. They tend to sleep wherever I sleep. ;-) If I catch him, hes going right back into his tank and getting fed a nice mouse because I know hes hungry. Killing the Hedgehog was pure instict and I wont punish him for it. Glue traps have been picked up, I donít want him hurt. ;-).

Mom is scared of snakes. She never really wanted him in the house to begin with, but I baught him therefore hes my responsibilty, if and when he is caught, nothing bad will happen to him. No worries.

06/05/06  05:04pm

Red_rose_XOXO
View Profile

Message To: Shazbo   In reference to Message Id: 820480

Try putting a pinkie in a 2 lieter bottle on the floor that has holes punched in it with some heat source. Check it regularly. But be warned it will probably start to smell which is good because the snake will smell it too. Good luck

12/29/06  05:27pm

Back to Lost-Escaped-Herps Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area