Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Lost-Escaped-Herps Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Lost-Escaped-Herps Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Crazykurt108   Ace13   SnakesRock22   Crazykurt108   Catt   Maihammess   Pythonguy   Sunf1ower   CornSnakeOwner   Nalla   Jordan2006   Arghyt   FMALoverNiisan   Naynay   SnakesRule1234   Wildgriffin45   Snipes_k   Crazykurt108   Hamelzz   JadeNoeturna   Hamelzz   EricMS   Dave48433   Crassabell   Snake a holic   Snake a holic   Kevin271280   MyChemicalRomance.::   Thenigg   AthenaMedusa  
Pages 1 2 Next

Member  Message

Crazykurt108
View Profile

HELP! lost snake

i lost mi cornsnake about 4 months ago i cant find him. he is about 21 inches. this is the second time ive lost him. last time he just poped up help!

03/16/05  07:45pm

Ace13
View Profile

Message To: Crazykurt108   In reference to Message Id: 276763

HELP! lost snake

set up carboard boxes with heat mats and mice in them that usually works

austin,13

03/16/05  07:50pm

SnakesRock22
View Profile

HELP! lost snake

I’m sorry, i have recently lost my snake also. Try putting crinkly stuff (ie: plastic bags) near walls and general snake hiding places. When he crawls over it, you will be able to hear him, now all you have to do is locate where the noise came from. you can also try taking a 2 liter bottle and putting something like a pinkie inside, the snake will go in to eat the pinkie and after he eats it he will be too big to get out, then all you have to do is cut the bottle. i know this is kinda late but i hope it helps.
-Erin

04/26/05  09:24pm

Crazykurt108
View Profile

Message To: SnakesRock22   In reference to Message Id: 324193

HELP! lost snake

Thnx, ill try that plastic bag trick. i already tried to put a pinkie mouse in a bottle and it didnt work. this is the second time i lost her and last time she just popped up. if theres anymore things i can do please tell me.

07/04/05  08:49am

Catt
View Profile

Message To: Crazykurt108   In reference to Message Id: 390287

HELP! lost snake

thats normally the way they just pop up when they feel like it, my uncle who a herp has like 100 snakes in his house and when he loses 1 he said he normally finds it just lying on the skirting bord like if tryin 2 hide ( its worth looking ) i lost my corn just yesterday and found her in my cubored the least place i expected her 2 b since it waznít warm at all so remember she will prob be hiddin 4 a lil while just b pactient somethimes u fined them in the bathroom lookin for water keep all the doors closed so she will stay in 1 room keep the widows shut u donít wat her gettin out the house and just keep lookin!!!!!

hope this helps a bit

catt

09/10/05  06:36am

Maihammess
View Profile

Message To: Crazykurt108   In reference to Message Id: 390287

HELP! lost snake

I recently found my red-tail boa who was missing for a month, someone told me that if you put gold fish in a bowl on the floor where you think the snake went the snake can sense the fish when they swim. I thought this was a bunch of bull, but I had to get fish for my frog, Iíve only had them for a few days and the snake just showed up. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but being someone who loves her pets I will try anything if he ever gets loose again.

12/17/05  11:45pm

Pythonguy
View Profile

Message To: Maihammess   In reference to Message Id: 575906

HELP! lost snake

Try putting food in his cage and make sure the cage is warm and turn down the heat in your house a little bit.If he has been missing 4 mounths than sorry to say he most likely died.

12/31/05  10:24pm

Sunf1ower
View Profile

Message To: Pythonguy   In reference to Message Id: 589041

HELP! lost snake

I lost my Rat snake last November and had given up all hope of finding him again, but lo and behold yesterday (7 months later) he popped out of a hole on the outside of the house. He is hiding in the wall cavity, apart from removing bricks I donít know how to get him out. Any ideas?

05/14/06  07:05am

CornSnakeOwner
View Profile

Message To: Sunf1ower   In reference to Message Id: 785017

HELP! lost snake

I just had to share that my corn snake escaped from her enclosure last night. We have been completely stressing out, turning our house upside down. I was sure she had made it outside (for various reasons). We had the house cooled off except for the heat lamp above her terrarium and we had just put the mouse in the bottle (had to cut some of the tip off since sheís 4 ft. long and rounder than the opening) and she just decided to grace us with her presence! Exactly 24 hours after she went missing. She was headed right back to her tank. Must have smelled that mouse. ;)

We are SO glad to have her back.It is such a relief. We still have no idea where she couldíve been hiding this whole time.

I found so much helpful info on the web, including this page so I just wanted to say thank you and good luck to everyone else still searching for their corn snake.

05/16/06  02:20am

Nalla
View Profile

Message To: Pythonguy   In reference to Message Id: 589041

HELP! lost snake

You have to be kidding! Snakes can live for a long time with out food, but they are really good at finding it. Your snake is not going to just come back to its cage no matter what you do, remember it does not really need you to survive. And turning down the heat is only going to drive the snake to a warm hiding spot. You think that your snake is only going to live for 4 months? You must have little faith. Itís just a waiting game from here. My California king came back to me after 3 months the first time he escaped and 5 months the second, and he was just fine. Iíve even heard of snakes staying in a house undetected for up to a year. Donít loose faith! They do not die so easy.

06/04/06  02:34pm

Jordan2006
View Profile

Message To: Nalla   In reference to Message Id: 818850

HELP! lost snake

i lost one of my corn snakes before for a month and was about to give up and had one last check and it was at the back of his tank trying to get bk in. soo it is possible for them to go home when theyre ready. but u shud keep trying it will be worth it in the long run

08/20/06  04:08pm

Arghyt
View Profile

Message To: Jordan2006   In reference to Message Id: 948618

HELP! lost snake

Can someone please help me? My baby Cali King, Arghyt, escaped sometime yesterday or the night before, and Iím really worried. I think she may be in the venting somewhere, and sheís only 18 inches long and 2 months old! I made a funnel water bottle trap, and Iím waiting for that, and Iím willing to pay lots of money to have a pinhole camera look for her down the vents. My mom has the AC back on; will this hurt her? Iím also leaving water out so she doesnít get dehydrated. I know that they can survive months without human care(duh!), but Iím really attached to this snake! PLEASE!!

08/24/06  07:35pm

FMALoverNiisan
View Profile

Message To: Arghyt   In reference to Message Id: 955261

HELP! lost snake

I lost my little Corn Snake yesterday and Iím not sure what to do. She is probably not even 2 inches around and could go down any vent. Iíve looked everywhere in the house and I donít know what I should do now. Can someone PLEASE HELP ME? I love this snake very, very, much and I got her when I was only a little kid. I left out water for her today but I need some trick that can lure her out from wherever sheís hiding. I donít think I can do anything that has to do with her cage because I have another Snake who lives in there. CAN ANYONE HELP ME? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS SNAKE!!!!!!!!

12/15/06  01:01pm

Naynay
View Profile

Message To: CornSnakeOwner   In reference to Message Id: 788063

HELP! lost snake

what did you do to make her come back?!my snake has been gone for three days and Iím worried to the point of almost crying.is he going to be alright?what if he gets stepped on?i have two little brothers and they could care less about my snake.please help me!!

01/15/07  02:34pm

SnakesRule1234
View Profile

Message To: FMALoverNiisan   In reference to Message Id: 1096089

HELP! lost snake

I know what you mean! I lost my baby corn snake like a week ago.I looked everywhere. I tried putting a f/t fuzzie in a 2liter bottle. It might work for you but it didnít work for me.

01/15/07  07:02pm

Wildgriffin45
View Profile

Message To: SnakesRule1234   In reference to Message Id: 1134671

HELP! lost snake

HELP! my albino corn snake, who is 4 years old, 4 feet long, and about an inch and a half wide at the widest, has been lost. This is a really bad thing for me because I have a really big house, and the basement that I lost her in is FULL of stuff. How do I lure him out?

02/25/07  07:31pm

Snipes_k
View Profile

Message To: Wildgriffin45   In reference to Message Id: 1187450

HELP! lost snake

i just lost my ball i only had him a lil while. this guy just pulled a whodini on me. they are supposed to be notorious escape artisis but damn! i was told just to leave the tank how it was and leave space for him to get back in and he will eventially come back. im gonna try to put a pup rat in there to lure him in.keep ya posted.

03/27/07  07:31pm

Crazykurt108
View Profile

Message To: Snipes_k   In reference to Message Id: 1224359

HELP! lost snake

well its been over 2 years so i guess hes gone . I look everywhere but couldnt find him. i now have a new ball python though .

07/09/07  05:42pm

Hamelzz
View Profile

Message To: Crazykurt108   In reference to Message Id: 1351977

HELP! lost snake

i was a ROYAL idiotand i left my cornsnakes cage open and had got him the night before he got out... PURE IDIOT! ive looked almost everwhere from my bacement cubby hole to underneath the couch but he is NO WHERE... we also have aircon and a super cold basement so i thonk he froze to death...he has bin gone for about five days now and i spend at least 3 hours looking each day and i am pooped..PSL help!!!! pls pls pls pls pls!!!!!!!!! either answer here or at http://www.hamelzz.piczo.com/ or here thanks........psl

07/18/07  12:07am

JadeNoeturna
View Profile

Message To: Hamelzz   In reference to Message Id: 1363582

HELP! lost snake

I would offer help but I just lost my corn snake a few days ago and have looked everywhere for him and tried just about everything with no luck. Thereís a gap underneath the vent in the room he escaped from, so Iím afraid he went there and froze to death... :í(

07/24/07  10:15pm

Hamelzz
View Profile

Message To: JadeNoeturna   In reference to Message Id: 1373194

HELP! lost snake

i found him!!!!! i found him!!!!!!

08/14/07  06:00pm

EricMS
View Profile

Message To: Hamelzz   In reference to Message Id: 1403543

HELP! lost snake

Congrats hamelzz!

My royal python gets lost once in a while cause I have uncaged quite a bit. (She is out right now and curled up under some cables at the back corner of my computer stand.)

I have never found her in less than a week despite searching very throughly. The average is probably 2 weeks. What can I say, she is a smart and stealthy. Leaving out food never seems to help, but she always shows up eventually!

If your snake is lost for over a couple weeks, at least put out some water. The odds are he/she will turn up alive and well (obviously donít leave doors or windows open).

08/19/07  02:10am

Dave48433
View Profile

Message To: EricMS   In reference to Message Id: 1409348

HELP! lost snake

I have just lost my 3.5 foot ball python. I left him in the bathtub for a couple minutes and when i came back into the bathroom he was gone. Is it possible for a snake to go down the toilet? Thats the only possibility i can see happening because its a small bathroom and he could not fit in any other area. Thanks.

12/18/07  11:13pm

Crassabell
View Profile

HELP! lost snake

i lost my az king snake do you have any ideas on how to lour him out im sure you’ve found yours since then please help

05/23/08  03:13pm

Snake a holic
View Profile

Message To: Crassabell   In reference to Message Id: 1744186

HELP! lost snake

18’ baby corn on the loose. i have a few heated spots with water and baxes where he could find and hide in

i have an outdoor cat thats hunted garden snakes before!
how do i keep her away and find him

im getting my sisters fish, pinkeys and more bottles!
anything else?
i flipped the downstairs upside down and nothing.
how long can a small snake survive ?

12/07/08  11:42pm

Snake a holic
View Profile

Message To: Snake a holic   In reference to Message Id: 1910944

HELP! lost snake

found him yesterday, when i wasnt looking and last place i would of looked, good thing i didnt keep the heat off too long,

12/09/08  03:30pm

Kevin271280
View Profile

Message To: Sunf1ower   In reference to Message Id: 785017

HELP! lost snake

hi, if it is in the cavity, best bet is to find a brickie, they will not charge much, i am a brickie and if i was to do it, i would no charge much at all especially as i am a snake lover myself, 10 to 15 quid there abouts, i would pay it myself, its worth it i have just been lookinh for three hours for my python, they both escaped and i found the one ljust looking for the other one, only happened once before, people say your not very good pet carer for it but it is so easy to have it happen, hope you find it

01/28/09  09:37am

MyChemicalRomance.::
View Profile

HELP! lost snake

I just lost my corn snake yesterday( 01/30/09 ) and i cant find her >.<
shes just a baby like less then a year and really small and she can fit under doorways and i have no clue how to find her :(
shes gotten out before but i’ve always found her quickly

01/31/09  08:45pm

Thenigg
View Profile

Message To: MyChemicalRomance.::   In reference to Message Id: 1943970

HELP! lost snake

i jus got a ball python today 2/26/09 and my family had put the tank in the garage over th winter and it was too cold to put the snake in it and i had class i was only gone for 5 hours and i left hin in a box covered with a blanket but i had got out and i dont know how much they can squeeze under a door its about 2 feet long i went every where lookin for it and cant find it any 1 have any ideas i have a dog and monkey in the house and i dont want them to eat the snake nor the snake try to eat them any 1 have any ideas let me know it sopossed to eat on sat im me on aim evilnigg1987 or text my cell 631-926-9141 ty for any 1 who can help me

02/26/09  11:08pm

AthenaMedusa
View Profile

Message To: Thenigg   In reference to Message Id: 1959944

HELP! lost snake

I lost my ball python Thoth 2 days ago right after he ate. I put out an incubator in the hopes he would crawl in and kept his cage door open... I ripped up the apartment trying to find him. I want him back... He’s a beautiful snake. Any ideas on how you get a snake back?

I have a bunch of rats, but they are older.. so I don’t want him damaged because of them. He’s about 3-4 feet long right now...

02/27/09  03:22pm

Pages 1 2 Next

Back to Lost-Escaped-Herps Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area