Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Lost-Escaped-Herps Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Lost-Escaped-Herps Forum

MyKidsLoveSnakes!   300  
 Member  Message

MyKidsLoveSnakes!
View Profile

I need help!

My daughter lost her pet corn snake about a week ago. She is absolutely upset!!! She loves this snake so much. It got out once before, but I found it laying next to the baseboard heater a few hours after I tore her room apart. Now, its been gone for quite a while, I’ve completely cleared out her room, taken all the covers off her baseboards,searched her brothers’ rooms, my room.(it was on the 2nd floor when it made its grand escape). I’ve searched the bathroom, under the refrigerator, under our furnace itself and the boiler, in all the furniture and under it. I put down double sided tape on all the doorways, I left out a pie dish of water with tape around it, I bought 4 live mice (even though it still only eats frozen hoppers) and left them in a vented tote in her room with tape around it,I am OUT of ideas. I understand that it could take weeks, but my 9 year old doesn’t...... she just wants her snake. We live in New York so its been quite cold outside, and we are very careful about leaving the doors closed as we have 5 indoor cats. The last time he escaped the cats helped me find him, they’re not helping much. I left his light on, and his cage open. Does anyone else have ANY ideas???

02/18/11  12:50am

View Profile

Message To: MyKidsLoveSnakes!   In reference to Message Id: 2205565

I need help!

look under all the warm dark places in your house, mabe under or benhind your oven, freezer, dryer or washer. sprinkle some flour around at night and turn of all the lights and check in the morning an see if there has beeen anthing moving through, during that i suggest you put your cats somwhere else....

02/27/11  07:57am

Back to Lost-Escaped-Herps Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area