Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Lost-Escaped-Herps Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Lost-Escaped-Herps Forum

Mady   Mady  
 Member  Message

Mady
View Profile

How can we get our corn snake out?

We lost our 18 months old corn snake last night then we saw him just as he disappeared into the gas heater in the living room. So we know where he went but maybe there is a flue behind - it’s impossible to get the heater off the wall (or maybe we need a gas person to do it) so we don’t know where he could’ve gone from there. I put out a fuzzy and a heat mat and his cave and we put a rope into the heater to help him climb out - but he hasn’t been out for the mouse. I’ve read all the other threads on lost snakes and about the traps - has anyone actually had the mouse in the bottle trick work? Does anyone know anything about flues?! Is it possible he could be stuck? Do you think he can smell the mouse from far away? We are really sad as we really love this beautiful snake. Any help would be very gratefully received!

09/18/09  06:01am

Mady
View Profile

Message To: Mady   In reference to Message Id: 2073229

How can we get our corn snake out?

We found him! He just turned up after three days under a shawl that I’d left out near where he disappeared because I knew he liked it. He didn’t get to any of the mice I’d left out while he was lost and he didn’t go through the flour! He seemed very pleased to be found - and we were over the moon!

09/21/09  08:00am

Back to Lost-Escaped-Herps Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area