Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Lost-Escaped-Herps Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Lost-Escaped-Herps Forum

Emloveswilf   Mjzfunhouse  
 Member  Message

Emloveswilf
View Profile

Help i lost my northern pine snake

i had my snake at on Sunday, stupidly took my eyes off him and when i looked back i saw the end of his tail disappearing through a hole in the floor boards. my boyfriend ripped up the floor bored only for there to be a hole in the breeze block of our house which i again just saw his tail disappearing through, he is 5ft long and too strong for me to pull back by the last few inches of his tail. a friend of ours has a camera and toarch on a flex and when we looked there is a pretty sudden drop down to the ground floor. we couldn’t see him but there are a few bumps and ledges he could grip onto. i have tried drilling holes in the wall downstairs to get through to the cavity but it seems to be solid apart from one hole we found that was there already. i have been told that the fall would of probably killed him but i have hardly taken my eye off that hole just in case? i have put his heat Matt on full near the hole with a mouse on it and wafted the smell around with a hairdryer. any more ideas? its getting pretty cold outside and I’m REALLY worried, do you think he will of survived? any help will be so appreciated. x x

10/22/08  09:50am

Mjzfunhouse
View Profile

Message To: Emloveswilf   In reference to Message Id: 1885388

Help i lost my northern pine snake

We lost our Cali king today. I called my son-in-law who is a bit of an expert and has also had snakes escape. He said to look for a heat source. He found one of his wrapped around the compressor of the refrigerator. I don’t know if that will help, but good luck anyway. I am going to go tip my fridge now! LOL

11/13/08  05:49pm

Back to Lost-Escaped-Herps Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area