Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Lost-Escaped-Herps Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Lost-Escaped-Herps Forum

Devnet   Removed By System   Devnet  
 Member  Message

Devnet
View Profile

Lost Baby Pueblan Milksnake

Please help, I had my milksnake Rocket out with me today while I was watching tv. While I was looking the other way, he got his head under the chair cushion, and was wedged in there. I was afraid I would hurt him is I just yanked him out, so I let go and saw him slither under the cushion. I lifted the cushion up, and saw him go into a hole in the fabric! I tried everything I can think of to get him out. I made the hole bigger and felt around but I cant find him. It痴 been 2 hours now and I知 starting to wonder if he got out of the chair, or if he痴 all comfy and curled up inside of it somewhere. He is pretty small, maybe a foot long, about the width of a pencil. Last I checked he weighed 50 grams. I知 sitting on the floor because I知 afraid I might hurt him. I set up tissue paper around the chair so that I値l hear him if he tries to leave. I dont have any spare mice, just 2 pet mice that I have had for 3 years and am not willing to sacrifice. I did set up a plastic bottle with some dirty mouse bedding in it in the hopes that that will attract him. Any more ideas? I am really worried. Any suggestions are appreciated. I値l keep you updated.

10/29/07  06:00pm

Removed By System
View Profile

Message To: Devnet   In reference to Message Id: 1494903

Lost-Escaped-Herps

Removed By System

10/30/07  06:40pm

Devnet
View Profile

Message To: Devnet   In reference to Message Id: 1494903

Lost Baby Pueblan Milksnake

Good News!!! My dog found rocket today! =D I saw her looking under the couch with a confused look on her face and her ears up, I looked under the couch and there he was! Safe and sound. =D I made a big fuss over my dog and gave her treats. It was very good of her to alert that he was there, but not try to hurt him. Rocket is now securely in his cage, and I will definately be more careful next time I have him out. Thanks everyone for your help!

11/05/07  10:57pm

Back to Lost-Escaped-Herps Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area