Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Lizards Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

SamuraiPac   Takahiro111   SamuraiPac   Takahiro111   SamuraiPac   Takahiro111   SamuraiPac   Takahiro111   SamuraiPac   Takahiro111   Takahiro111   SamuraiPac   Takahiro111   SamuraiPac   Takahiro111   SamuraiPac  

Member  Message

SamuraiPac
View Profile

Baby Gold/Yellow Spot Timor Monitor for Sale.

Hey guys :) im new to the forum and any way. I bot a yellow spot timor tree monitor lizard 2 weeks ago from my friend. who didn’t know how to care for it properly, I payed 100$ from him. And I bot this monitor which i thought i could care for it. after doing a lot of research I now know I don’t know any thing! I bot the monitor cause i thought it would be better off with me and i don’t know jack.. so pretty much im in a bind. And so im trying to sell him or her for 100$ if not 80$ I just don’t want this poor animal to have a bad life in my care, because i screwed up trying to save him, from some body who was no better off then me. I mean don’t get me wrong, the little guy is awesome! I wish i could keep him. He eats great, and when he isn’t hiding, you can see him bask on his log. And enjoys swimming in the bath tub. But keep in mind I really want this guy to go to someone who is an experienced monitor keeper. No Beginner! Cause trust me, ill own up to it, im not an experienced keeper and by that i just want this lizard to get the best possible life and home. My friend told me he or she is 4 months old. And he or she is possibly Captive breed.. which i doubt after I researched. Please help me out I know there are some experienced monitor keepers here! Thank you, If You are serious Message me back. Very much appreciated!

11/04/14  03:02pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: SamuraiPac   In reference to Message Id: 2310672

Why not keep it monitors are awesome my 7 foot water monitor and 4 foot sav is great and really smart on top of that but since your not keeping it are their any reptile rescues or zoos that will buy him/her? And there caresheets on here that should be on this monitor.

11/04/14  03:35pm

SamuraiPac
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2310675

Not that I know of. But yeah dude he is awesome, But I cant, i don’t have room for a large tall enclosure. I mean for now hes been fine. But I cant keep him. I also researched a lot on this monitor, but i simply cant meet its needs to keep and house him or her happily. That is the bottom line. I like this monitor a lot but i cant keep up with him, i got work and school.. and also 4 pacmans 3 salamanders and a huge fish tank also. so my plates pretty full. I know a good amount of knowledge about them, its just i don’t have money and time for it. Monitor are intelligent animals, they aren’t like a frog or fish that you can leave in your room while you go to work for long hours and school. I mean if i had my own house and money and stuff I would keep him. I need to build him the proper setup with a good environment. And i cant do all that for one of these lizards. right now. i mean i already spend around 50 a month of fish and pacman and salamander food and supplies. And im pretty sure this monitor is not going to be excellently cheap to care for. Im just doing the most sensible thing by getting him a new home with a person who can care and is knowledgeable about monitors. Also i didn’t want to just give him to a pet store. Cause they just going to sell him to any one. I want him to have a good home.

11/04/14  04:03pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: SamuraiPac   In reference to Message Id: 2310676

Your right feeding and housing is crazy. I’m in school and work and to be honest I struggle lol because I had to work my butt off to feed my burm,redtail,tegu,water and sav monitor,agama,other snakes and CWDs of all ages. I’m trying to graduate HS in january but working 9-10 hours a day, not to mention I should be going to basic training for the army in late january to early febuary(it depends)...oh and I’m a girl lol:) But atleast your being honest because some people get these animals and don’t make it past a year or they illegaly release them.

11/04/14  04:40pm

SamuraiPac
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2310678

WOW you have all of those big animals.. and im complaining with a baby monitor... :( im going in the air force next year thats another reason why i cant keep it.. my parents wont know how to care for it even if i did learn. Do you think some one will see this post and help this little guy out. I just want to give him a good home. But i really need the 80$ for my other animals to know the money wont go to other stuff. lol most of my money goes to my animals any ways. but yeah i woul appricaite it if some one would take this beautiful animal! :(

11/04/14  04:53pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: SamuraiPac   In reference to Message Id: 2310679

Yeah their huge and that’s the problem is finding someone to watch them when your gone. I tried 3 of my friends to watch them one of them almost got bit by my burm,the other two got bit by my water monitor and almost attacked(diffrent situation). Someone should want him because you can’t beat $80 but you can try other forums I’m pretty sure someone would want it but you also gotta see if your shipping or pick up. Most of my money go to my babies too. Wow the air force that’s great and good luck with it do you know what your going in for (MOS/job)?? I’m going to be a diver or firefighter.

11/04/14  08:21pm

SamuraiPac
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2310683

Not so sure on shipping... i dont want to send him and something happens to him or her. But yeah 80 is pretty good most sellers are selling Timor babies for 100-140 but idk if some one will buy him.. but i need to find him a new home soon. Though i do keep him in good shape. He for sure a lot fatter lol. but im going to start watching it on feeding him cause hes starting to look fat. I want to be apart of a flight crew. or maybe even an engineer.

11/05/14  01:12am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: SamuraiPac   In reference to Message Id: 2310693

I’ll try to help out I’ll go on other forums and see who wants him. Wow I took a engineering class in 11th grade and the math was hard (math is my weakest subject) but building things were fun and the teacher was mean and didn’t accept anything half done and wanted everything professional I was like man were in HS not college.

11/05/14  12:27pm

SamuraiPac
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2310701

Yeah math sucked for me.. But good news i woke up this morning to a email from faunaclassifieds and some one is intrested in adopting the baby timor. So if he checks out with the right knowledge and can prove to me he or she knows what there doing ill sell them little timor. I know ill miss him but i know selling him to a better care giver is the best choice cause i know i dont got the time for him or her. :(

11/05/14  03:27pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: SamuraiPac   In reference to Message Id: 2310707

Wow somebody wants him that’s great but make sure they know what their getting into and is committed, also had experience with large reptiles.

11/05/14  04:07pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: SamuraiPac   In reference to Message Id: 2310707

If I would’ve had the room for him I would’ve taken him and paid for shipping :( I’m sorry these big boys here took up a lot of room.

11/05/14  04:09pm

SamuraiPac
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2310712

Well Thats just it i need to ask him some questions about how much he knows and dose he have the proper setup and see just how much he knows about him. I really want this guy to go to someone who knows what there doing not these people who buy a monitor and keep them in a small enclosure for life he needs a tall built cage with vines and perches and good basking area with nice humidity and a good water bin for maximum soakage, so he can shed with ease. And lots of hiding places nice and high! I really want to keep him but to make his set up its going to cost a bit. But idk im thinking maybe i should keep him if i dont feel no one can care better for him then me. As its owner atm i should consider whats best for him whether its keeping him or selling him to someone who knows just as much as me if not more. but If i need help i can always ask you for info.

11/06/14  12:25am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: SamuraiPac   In reference to Message Id: 2310718

Sure you can ask anytime. I was thinking of giving away my monitor before but I know nobody is going spoil and care for a 7 foot lizard properly..its just my thinking but my opinion is to keep it if you feel this way and you sound really attached and dedicated to this lizard. I’m struggling building my water monitor cage now plus I’m moving my 17’ burm to his old cage because someone is buying his cage.

11/06/14  05:23am

SamuraiPac
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2310721

Well I wouldn’t say im attached to him like my pacman frogs or my salamanders i have only had him for 2 and half weeks now. But yeah, I feel for this animal cause its like I know hes smart.. it might sound weird but he stares at me.. lol and just watches what i do.. hes very observant. And I kinda feel bad for him in a way I know its not really up to him.. but i know he doesn’t like his cage. When ever i take him out of his tub. He just chills when i hold him and when i put him in the bath tub for a swim he chills and floats around, but when i feel like he has soaked for enough and i try to take him and put him in his tub again.. hes starts getting jumpy and squirmy. I mean he is in nature a pretty shy lizard. But none the less he is still a pretty nice animal in general. No tail whips, no hissing, Not once has he opened and showed me his mouth as a sign of aggression or being scared.. His temperament and personality is almost like a bearded dragon.. which i found it odd. cause on the internet and care guides.. they said Timors are shy and not so good with temper.. But i started thinking this might be cause hes captive hatched or bred. But i don’t think hes a wild caught like most Timors. I sort of want to keep him, but i really know im not going to be there to care for him in the furture, and with the money i need to care for this timor. I really want him to go to a good home though and im going to make sure i do that.

11/06/14  03:38pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: SamuraiPac   In reference to Message Id: 2310738

Mine stares at me a lot too recently and when I do hw he’ll lay on my back and look at the book flickering his tongue. Monitors are smart and curious lol but I’m happy your looking for a good owner.

11/06/14  08:38pm

SamuraiPac
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2310744

Thanks I have been talking to the guy and he knows quite a bit :) which im happy about.

11/06/14  11:09pm

Back to Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area