Leopard Gecko Community Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Leopard Gecko Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Nicholefrench   Mk0926   Hollyswamp  

Member  Message

Nicholefrench
View Profile

New owner, please help me!!!!!!

My son was given an adult leopard gecko for his bday a few days ago. It keeps its eyes closed and doesn’t do much. It had sand as substrate but as soon as I read up on it I removed it. I don’t see any darkness on his belly at all and the man who had it says it was fine before. It hasn’t ate either meal worms or crickets. It had no interest at all. I have seen no evidence of fecal matter or urine though I’m not real sure what I’m looking for. He only came with 1 red and 1 blue overhead light for heating. Also has overhead UV light which I turn off at night. Please if you have any ideas let me know. I am very worried and really don’t want to see Rocky die.

01/21/13  10:05pm

Mk0926
View Profile

Message To: Nicholefrench   In reference to Message Id: 2290182

No responses, kinda weird. But has Rocky improved? Can you give a full description of his setup? Tank size? Temps? hides? None of my pets ate when we first got them home but that’s normal. Has he shed? Gained or lost weight?

01/27/13  01:12am

Hollyswamp
View Profile

Message To: Nicholefrench   In reference to Message Id: 2290182

First of all, try avoiding heating with uv lights, it is preferable to use uth mat ( under the tank heater ), they come cheap so no worries there.

Second, just make sure he has water in his dish, and if possible, place a similar dish containing mealworms so he can eat when he choses.

You should not worry to much, from your description all signs point to an late brumation (similar to hibernation)

03/02/13  07:58am

Back to Leopard Gecko Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area