Leopard Gecko Community Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Leopard Gecko Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Angiek   Angiek   KrazyKelli   Nile/water monitors   Angiek   Hollyswamp  

Member  Message

Angiek
View Profile

My new Leopard Gecko

I am on cloud 9. My husband finally gave in. This is Shiloh, my gecko. I just got him yesterday. This morning he’s milky and getting ready to shed. I have his humid house set up and his UTH heater on. He has a rock cave to shelter in.

I hope I attached the image right.

11/22/12  06:28am

Angiek
View Profile

Message To: Angiek   In reference to Message Id: 2286068

My new Leopard Gecko

11/22/12  06:29am

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Angiek   In reference to Message Id: 2286069

My new Leopard Gecko

Congrads in your new little guy =D I hope you keep him around forever and stay in touch with RZ!

I’m pretty sure you have everything right, but just for kicks could you put up a pic or two of the tank as well? =D

11/23/12  10:24am

Nile/water monitors
View Profile

My new Leopard Gecko

Hi Sis!
Shiloh looks great. Nice pic. too. You do know that when you become a reptile keeper its like eating a good cookie. You can’t stop at just one. :) Let me know when you have Roy building enclosures for your future Varanus salvator , Water monitor or Varanus niloticus, Nile monitor.
I can see Roy now ... Krazykelli gives spot on advice when it comes to reptile husbandry. You can take her word to the bank. Well let me know when you need more feeder bugs for Shiloh. Talk @ you soon.

Chris..............

11/29/12  08:16am

Angiek
View Profile

Message To: Nile/water monitors   In reference to Message Id: 2286636

My new Leopard Gecko

Chris,

Roy has already said ’We’ll get her a bigger tank when she needs it, keep the one you have, because I already know this wont be the only lizard in the house.’ Some call it whipped, I call it eager to comply.

Krazykelli, here is a picture of his/her tank right now. It’s bare. I know. I found some fish tank hiding spots but I wasn’t sure they were safe for her until I talked to Chris today. Shiloh drinks from the top of the rock. I put fresh filtered water in it every day. Under the water part I put west paper towels for her humid and warm spot. The other end of the rock stays dry. She/he seems to really love the moist and warm side. If you have suggestions as to what I can put in there to make it the best possible for her, I’d love the advice. I had another hide in the tank but Shiloh never bothered with it.

She/he is a smart little thing! She poops in one spot behind her rock. As soon as we get the tank of roaches over to feed her she is right out from under her rock waiting to be fed. This morning a roach got under the paper towels while she was hunting it. She was still as stone waiting but it was crawling under the towels so I carefully lifted the towel and flicked the roach out. It landed by my hand and Shiloh sucked that thing up like a Dyson. She’s awesome.

11/29/12  12:15pm

Hollyswamp
View Profile

My new Leopard Gecko

Congratulations on your splendid looking gecko. May he live a long and healthy life.

03/02/13  08:01am

Back to Leopard Gecko Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area