Leopard Gecko Community Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Leopard Gecko Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Bish123   KrazyKelli   Bish123  

Member  Message

Bish123
View Profile

Breeders in north west

hi new to forum just about to get my first gecko after spending 6 months research on how to look after it properly, now trying to find a reputable breeder around the preston area.
If anyone knows of one...please leave a message
many thanks

09/09/12  11:56am

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Bish123   In reference to Message Id: 2279528

Breeders in north west

Really can’t help with that, mate. I suggest looking up reptile expos or conventions. Those are great places to really get to know the breeders and see their stock.

There are a lot of scams online. People can backyard breed leos very easily and will do what they can to get rid of them at any moment’s notice regardless of how they’re cared for. You can see this clearly on Craigslist.

When looking for your first leo, look for the most robust one with clear eyes and a clean vent. If the leo is missing fingers, the tail and body are pencil thin, there are bubbles around the nose, it has wounds, or the limbs look distorted or weird, avoid it . If you purchase from a store (or talk with the breeder), make sure the leo was kept on solid substrate as you don’t want to buy an impacted leo. Fact, if the leos are kept on calcisand or lizardlitter, it’s a sure sign that the breeder or store are idiots and can’t take care of a herp to save their lives.

09/09/12  05:36pm

Bish123
View Profile

Message To: KrazyKelli   In reference to Message Id: 2279581

Breeders in north west

thank you for the tips maybe if I get one I shall keep an update and post you some pictures of it yeah

09/13/12  02:58pm

Back to Leopard Gecko Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area