Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Leopard Gecko Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Leopard Gecko Community Forum

K.A.P   Back-woods Gecko  
 Member  Message

K.A.P
View Profile

Sick/stunted growth baby

I hatched a LG last July, he was doing fine and eating well, crickets and meal worms with calcium. He stopped growing, he sheds once every two to three weeks, he is only 2-3 inches long, very small, since he is a year old and should be full grown, now he has stopped eating and i am force feeding but his tail is skinny. what could be causing this? When i noticed he hasn’t growing he was still eating well he didn’t stop eating till a few weeks ago. The other LG that was hatched with him also has the same growing problem, he stopped eating to but i force feed him for a couple of weeks and he started eating again, and is still eating really well, but is not growing he is about the same size as the other one. They are kept in separate 16 qt rubber maid containers controlled so that one side is about 90 and the other side is 80, also they have calcium available at all times in there enclosures.

07/27/11  05:16pm

Back-woods Gecko
View Profile

Message To: K.A.P   In reference to Message Id: 2230722

Sick/stunted growth baby

A number of things can cause leopard geckos to go off food. I would have a fecal exam done on one of the hatchlings to see if the issue is parasites.

08/04/11  10:03am

Back to Leopard Gecko Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area