Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Legless Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Legless Lizards Forum

Skittles299   Biokid   Lozzer   LGL   Biokid   Kingsnake Keeper   Biokid   Kingsnake Keeper   Biokid   Cameron V.   Biokid   Wyvernwyrm   Biokid   Wyvernwyrm   Biokid   Dcastle93   Audio   Audio  
 Member  Message

Skittles299
View Profile

Wierd story

I know this is probaly a bad place to post this story but I have to tell it.Scientist beleive that millions of years ago a population of fish changed over a long period of time and craled on land in search of food,for example fish to mudskipper.Over millions of years a few grew legs (like a mudpuppy) and lived on land as well as water like anphibians.Some learned to live away from the water like a lizard or reptile.some lost there legs to burrow underground like a snake and some went back to live in the sea like a sea snake.Isn’t that crazy?

04/20/05  06:43pm

Biokid
View Profile

Message To: Skittles299   In reference to Message Id: 317109

Wierd story

LOL, funny you should say that. But actually it is a scientific theory called evolution. Evolution has countless amounts of evidence for its existence. So technically it really isn’t crazy at all.

04/25/05  05:49pm

Lozzer
View Profile

Message To: Biokid   In reference to Message Id: 322668

Wierd story

Its also funny there is more evidence of evolution than god!

04/26/05  04:03pm

LGL
View Profile

Message To: Lozzer   In reference to Message Id: 323717

Wierd story

Proverbs 14:12 NASB
"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."

Proverbs 18:2 NASB
"A fool does not delight in understanding,
But only in revealing his own mind."

Proverbs 18:10 NASB
"The name of the LORD is a strong tower;
The righteous runs into it and is safe."

Proverbs 19:3 NASB
"The foolishness of man subverts his way,
And his heart rages against the LORD."

LGL

04/26/05  07:05pm

Biokid
View Profile

Message To: LGL   In reference to Message Id: 323979

Wierd story

I know that believing in Evolution and not believing in Creationism will not distance me from God. I am Roman Catholic, and as a Catholic, the exact words of the Bible CANNOT BE TAKEN LITERALLY. The best way to give an example why is the "Eucharist." For all you church attenders out there, you all know every mass we have the "body and blood of christ", and this is what the bible says. So everytime we go to mass, are we really eating a piece of flesh from Jesus or drinking his blood from over 2000 years ago?!? Of course not!...It’s just bread and grape juice! It is all based on symbolism! Here is another fact, (and I got this info from a person who has a Master’s degree in Religous Education), Moses, the guy who saved the Jews from the egyptians (and managed to split the Red Sea in two) was the man who wrote the first few books in the bible, (Genesis, Exodus..) So here he had a group of uneducated Jews that would not have understood anything to a scientific stand point, so he had to write about the beginning of the universe in terms so that the people can understand. So to plainly lay it out, most of the Old Testement are no different than Greek Mythology. I’m not saying that the stories are useless either! The stories have much meaning and interpretation. So to understand the bible you first understand that much of it is symbolism and myths teaching about morals. And yes I do not believe that God would want to ever limit our knowledge, (thats what the government wants). I do not like the story of Adam and Eve becasue they give snakes such a bad rap.

04/27/05  12:04am

Kingsnake Keeper
View Profile

Message To: Biokid   In reference to Message Id: 324408

Wierd story

First of all, the story of Adam and Eve dosenít put snakes down, thatís just the form the devel assumed. Second, thereís lots of evidence of creation. If evealotion is true, how come in the fossil record we havenít found any transional forms (the only fish w/ legs we find are ones that are still alive)?

05/07/05  11:57am

Biokid
View Profile

Message To: Kingsnake Keeper   In reference to Message Id: 335389

Wierd story

Ummm...They have found many animals in transtional form in comparision to todayís aminals and animals that were older. For example, the many species of raptors. We know they are dinosaurs, but in recent and closer studies of the fossils paleontologists have discovered that raptors have had feathers. They theorize that dinosaurs formed feathers for courtship purposes and social display. And since we are on the subject. Why do you think God created fossils(animals and plants that were already dead?)

05/08/05  11:16am

Kingsnake Keeper
View Profile

Message To: Biokid   In reference to Message Id: 336174

Wierd story

Really? I havenít heard that. You see, Iím a skeptic of evealotion, but am still looking into it.

05/08/05  03:09pm

Biokid
View Profile

Message To: Kingsnake Keeper   In reference to Message Id: 336381

Wierd story

Hey, thatís cool, I encourage it, and I also encourage to keep your faith strong, whichshouldnt be a problem for ya. I know alot about evolution so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

05/08/05  03:34pm

Cameron V.
View Profile

Message To: Biokid   In reference to Message Id: 336400

Wierd story

I am a Christian, and I could give you lots of evidence against evolution. There is certainly not more evidence for evolution than Creation. If evolution is true, then the deeper you dig down in the earth, the less and less sophisticated the animals and plants shold get, right? Just say, for instance, that those little fish things are in the process of developing into something else. A few of them die, and are covered by dirt and other stuff. A few more of the little fish, now with more intricate, complex parts, also die and are covered up soon. Therefore, as you dig further down in the earth, the organisms you find will get simpler and simpler. Right? And scientific evidence agrees with that, right? Wrong. In a few spots of the earth, scientists have found that the organisms get more and more complex as they dug down. They try to hide that, though and pretend the evolutionary theory is perfect, but it isnít. I encourage you not to believe in evolution.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3: 5-6

10/30/05  08:56am

Biokid
View Profile

Message To: Cameron V.   In reference to Message Id: 526183

Wierd story

Hey Iím a Christian too! But what does being Christian have to do with anything?

Iím am completely skeptical with your statement, with the lack of details and elaboration.

You said that there are locations where supposively there are fossils of more complex organisms under less. You would need to specify the time frame of the fossils, for from now too the where it is indicated multicellular organisms evolved, organisms of every complex scale exist today.

You would also have to take tectonic plates into account. If you are familiar with continental drifts and how certain plates collide, forcing one plate to move upward while the other plate to move downward. When the tow plates were at the same level, the fossil record in the area was simple. But now with one plate ontop of the other....you then see that (starting at the top plate you go from complex to simple...and then suddenly complex again. That is the indication of the surface of the bottom plate.) Itís simply with a basic understanding of geology.

And science has proven that the Book of Genesis cannot be taken literally for the events that occur are physically impossible. If you want me to elaborate the certain points, tell me Iíll be more than happy to explain.

10/31/05  02:14pm

Wyvernwyrm
View Profile

Message To: Biokid   In reference to Message Id: 527391

Wierd story

did anyone ever think ooo i donno maybe god made evolution? GASP! no of course not im just saying u can never take anything toooo literal i belong to a cryptozoology forum to and we have fights like this allll the time heres an argument for both sides against creation how come there was never any mention anyyyyytime of any dinosaurs anywhere in the bible but golly gee they sure are in the fossil record and wait! O NO the dirt from thats whats that u say? 65 million years old? mmmhmm... and against evolutionist i do believe there is a shroud with the exact biological resemblance to jesus somewhere that has indeed been tested? and heres a question to everyone why does every person think that animals are inferior to man? especially creationists dont u think thats alil vain?

10/31/05  05:15pm

Biokid
View Profile

Message To: Wyvernwyrm   In reference to Message Id: 527542

Wierd story

I definity put some thought into it...

I donít think God ímadeí evolution, it was a natural occuring process of inorganic molecules exposed to differnet forms of energy with converted them into the first organic molecules...(think back to the miller experiement)

I donít beleive that God every ístarted the universe.í I also belive that to be naturally occuring with the laws of physics.

But I am not at all ruling out Godís existence. The dimensions of space and time are infinite, which in other words means tat there never was a beginning nor will there never be an end to the dimensions of space and time. Our universe may have an birth and death...as compared to a star...but the dimenstion of space and time will always exist. And since God is everything, Godís existence is infinite in really way.

...and please donít consider me to be in the group of people "that view humans superior to other animals." I completely find that as a very close-minded idea. (No offense)

10/31/05  10:46pm

Wyvernwyrm
View Profile

Message To: Biokid   In reference to Message Id: 527849

Wierd story

see im agreeing with u and trust me i wasnt grouping u with them i was simply using the god reference that he made the universe as an example to creationists that anything is possible and not to be so close minded on the subject

11/01/05  03:43pm

Biokid
View Profile

Message To: Wyvernwyrm   In reference to Message Id: 528300

Wierd story

Ok, and I see your point and exmple now. I do agree with there are a number of possibilities we can come up with, with the data and knowledge we have gained over the years and etc...

11/01/05  09:48pm

Dcastle93
View Profile

Message To: Biokid   In reference to Message Id: 528747

Wierd story

i am open to almost all ideas about life, but evolution seems is in my opinion the most likely, if you think about it logically, if every thing was created at the same time , surley we would have fossils of us from millions of years ago.

05/10/08  09:02pm

Audio
View Profile

Message To: Dcastle93   In reference to Message Id: 1731393

Wierd story

i don’t read the bible at all, why read something someone else wrote they know just as much as i do, especially written that long ago... there’s no credibility to the authors. you can find anything on earth that exists really, i’ve found spiritual things and have talked to dead people and such... wouldn’t recommend trying that unless you know what you’re doing... but what i’m saying is i know all that **** is real cause i’ve experienced it, i don’t need a book or faith

07/30/08  11:16am

Audio
View Profile

Message To: Audio   In reference to Message Id: 1813508

Wierd story

oh yeah and i think evolution is proven by the fact that people are gradually appearing without wisdom teeth.

07/30/08  11:20am

Back to Legless Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area