Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Legless Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Legless Lizards Forum

Rosyballsnake   Bigjayjon   Rosyballsnake   Bigjayjon  
 Member  Message

Rosyballsnake
View Profile

Advice on glass lizard

I am going to catch some glass legless lizards and I wanted to know how big the tank should be to put them in and if I wanted to sell them how much are they worth and I f you don’t have any thing nice to say about taking indangered animals out of th wild then don’t say anything at all

Thanks Bryan

06/12/10  12:54am

Bigjayjon
View Profile

Message To: Rosyballsnake   In reference to Message Id: 2155096

Advice on glass lizard

Glass lizards are really awesome looking. However, I’m not sure where you exactly live or where you’ll be "herping". I live in Southern California so im not sure if glass lizards are in our range or not. One species I know is the local California legless lizard which is really hard to find, mainly because they’re nocturnal. Check out this website: www.californiaherps.com.

As far as catching and keeping a legless lizard, they don’t get very big so I think a 10 gallon talk should work fine. How much should they be worth as far as selling them, that I have no clue. I’d say you try and auction them on sites selling reptiles.

06/13/10  12:18pm

Rosyballsnake
View Profile

Message To: Bigjayjon   In reference to Message Id: 2155392

Advice on glass lizard

Thanks it is a California legless lizard but what does it eat I have tried krickets and meal worm but he is not interested?

06/14/10  11:28pm

Bigjayjon
View Profile

Message To: Rosyballsnake   In reference to Message Id: 2155841

Advice on glass lizard

They usually eat small burrowing insects and insect larvae in the soil. I would try pin head crickets or very small meal worms or blood worms(miniture earthworms). He should be able to eat those since these legless lizards have very small and tiny mouths....

06/15/10  12:45am

Back to Legless Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area