Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Legless Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Legless Lizards Forum

Repfanatic   PrinceSushi   Repfanatic   PrinceSushi   Repfanatic   Puppetman   Repfanatic   Puppetman   Repfanatic   Puppetman   SlipRep66   Repfanatic   Hunter Breed   Repfanatic   PrinceSushi   Repfanatic   PrinceSushi   Gottee guy   Repfanatic   Gottee guy   PrinceSushi   Gottee guy   Repfanatic   PrinceSushi   Gottee guy   Repfanatic   Lovetheleo  
 Member  Message

Repfanatic
View Profile

Update on my Burton’s legless lizard

Well, I decided to name him Burt. I know.....very original. Lol! He’s doing really good. We’re giving him an anole once a week, but we’re going to try a pinkie mouse next week since we breed mice. He likes hanging out at the front of the tank where he can see everything that’s going on. Here’s some new pics of him and one of his tank. Enjoy!

04/02/08  03:18pm

PrinceSushi
View Profile

Message To: Repfanatic   In reference to Message Id: 1686537

Looking great!! Love the layering.
You may want to get a larger dish though, but its not necessary.

04/04/08  03:21am

Repfanatic
View Profile

Message To: PrinceSushi   In reference to Message Id: 1688741

Quote:

You may want to get a larger dish though, but its not necessary.

Why would I need a bigger water dish? For him to soak in? I’ve never seen him try it. He just goes up, gets his drink and then goes back to his observation post. If it’s for humidity purposes I already mist his tank 2-3 times a day, so I think he’s good there. I don’t want to take up a lot of room in his tank since he loves wandering.

04/04/08  05:20am

PrinceSushi
View Profile

Message To: Repfanatic   In reference to Message Id: 1688766

Yes, for him to soak in. Like I said, its not necessary, especially if he doesn’t even prefer to soak. However, when he starts to shed you may want to let him swim in a tub to get extra moisture.

04/05/08  06:28am

Repfanatic
View Profile

Message To: PrinceSushi   In reference to Message Id: 1690064

I usually soak most of my lizards a few times right before and during a shed. I’ll watch him right before he sheds to see if he tries to soak on his own. If he does then I’ll get him one of those corner water dishes. That’ll be big enough for him. Thanks.

04/05/08  04:12pm

Puppetman
View Profile

Message To: Repfanatic   In reference to Message Id: 1686537

I just purchased one myself. Where did you get your feeder anoles? How much? I have tried crickets and superworms but it does not seemed interested. I have only had it for a week and a half.

04/06/08  04:22pm

Repfanatic
View Profile

Message To: Puppetman   In reference to Message Id: 1691851

Quote:

Where did you get your feeder anoles? How much?

They’re not cheap. I get them from our local pet stores for around $6. My guy eats crickets and I’m about to find out if he’ll take a pinkie mouse instead of anoles. Good luck with yours.

04/06/08  07:50pm

Puppetman
View Profile

Message To: Repfanatic   In reference to Message Id: 1692114

Looks like my guy finally ate some crickets. I got him a pinkie today so we will see how that goes. Mine is the same coloration as yours and looks about the same size. Thank you for the input as there is not much info out there. They are cool lizards.

04/07/08  07:26pm

Repfanatic
View Profile

Message To: Puppetman   In reference to Message Id: 1693504

Burt didn’t take the pinkie mouse last night. We got him another anole today and tried to scent another pinkie mouse with the anole, but that didn’t work either. So he just got his anole. I ordered 10 feeders for $20 from somebody on kingsnake.com. I think I might try my hand at breeding them rather than buying them all the time.

04/07/08  09:33pm

Puppetman
View Profile

Message To: Repfanatic   In reference to Message Id: 1693799

Fortunately I live in the south and soon the anoles will be out sunning themselves. Mine did not eat the pinkie either. Looks like he ate more crickets though. We called ours Matt since he has no legs. It was either that or Ground Chuck. LOL Ours sure is friendly and doesn’t seem to mind being held. Good luck.

04/08/08  01:41pm

SlipRep66
View Profile

Message To: Puppetman   In reference to Message Id: 1694570

what makes this thing a lizerd and not a snake???

04/15/08  02:24pm

Repfanatic
View Profile

Message To: SlipRep66   In reference to Message Id: 1704225

Quote:

what makes this thing a lizerd and not a snake???

This "thing" is my pet and part of my family, so really don’t appreciate him being called a thing. Also, how about looking a little further in this forum rather than mucking up my thread? Link. Try using your brain and eyes instead of asking stupid questions. We have enough brainless and blind people filling up this site already.

04/15/08  02:35pm

Hunter Breed
View Profile

Message To: Repfanatic   In reference to Message Id: 1704240

Wow that was pretty harsh and unnecessary, i highly doubt that was meant to be offensive i doubt youre one of the brainless people on this site but you def one of the blind ones to not realize this was just a simple question.

05/18/08  01:53am

Repfanatic
View Profile

Message To: Hunter Breed   In reference to Message Id: 1738830

And yet another pointless post added to my thread. *sigh*
I don’t care in the least what you think about my post. There are MANY threads on this forum dedicated specifically to why LLs are not snakes. This person was just too lazy to look any further than the first thread in the forum to find the answer as a lot of people do. I don’t hold hands or spoon feed, so either put up with it or go. Doesn’t bother me in the least either way. Thank you and have a good day.

05/18/08  03:11am

PrinceSushi
View Profile

Message To: Repfanatic   In reference to Message Id: 1738848

I agree. After watching this section for many many months, I’ve seen WAY WAY WAY too many threads dedicated to "why they are lizards". Sometimes there would be up to 3 a day. I honestly don’t think people bother to look. This forum isn’t even that active so there is no excuse for being lazy.

Just ignore them and report them for spam. Its not worth your time to yell at them.

How is your lizzie doing? What kind of diet is he accepting?

05/18/08  04:06am

Repfanatic
View Profile

Message To: PrinceSushi   In reference to Message Id: 1738862

He’s doing good. He just had his first shed a few days ago. All one piece. He’s getting 1 anole a week and a few crickets in between. I throw 5 crix in a day and end up scooping 2 or 3 out before he goes to bed. I’m hoping to breed garter snakes and see if he’ll accept the babies. I’ll have to look into euthanizing those feeders though.

05/18/08  04:13am

PrinceSushi
View Profile

Message To: Repfanatic   In reference to Message Id: 1738864

Hmmm, thats a clever idea. I never thought about garters, but I hear they can be difficult to breed.

05/18/08  04:44pm

Gottee guy
View Profile

Message To: PrinceSushi   In reference to Message Id: 1739300

you never really know when you’re going to get babies. i went away for Christmas last year and came back finding 6 baby garters in the tank along with the parents and they had been in there for months and never had babies before. and the petsitter didn’t even see them!

05/18/08  05:36pm

Repfanatic
View Profile

Message To: Gottee guy   In reference to Message Id: 1739348

Well, it’s still worth a try. I’m going to have a nice colony set up pretty soon. Also, if you plan to breed you have to put garters into cool down period most of the time.

05/26/08  03:28am

Gottee guy
View Profile

Message To: Repfanatic   In reference to Message Id: 1746653

yeah i forgot to say that.

05/28/08  09:29pm

PrinceSushi
View Profile

Message To: Repfanatic   In reference to Message Id: 1746653

Thats interesting. Oh well, I’m not a snake person but I wish you good luck!

Its been awhile, can we get some new pictures of your guy?

05/29/08  08:44pm

Gottee guy
View Profile

Message To: PrinceSushi   In reference to Message Id: 1750484

a little OT but this has been bugging me, what is prince sushi?

05/30/08  05:19pm

Repfanatic
View Profile

Message To: PrinceSushi   In reference to Message Id: 1750484

Sorry. I haven’t been on that much. I’ll get some updated pics up soon on a new thread. He’s still doing really good and since the weather has gotten nicer up here he gets to come outside a lot. That gets his tongue going. LOL!

06/13/08  12:35am

PrinceSushi
View Profile

Message To: Gottee guy   In reference to Message Id: 1751264

Gottee guy- Prince is because I enjoy such a title over the title princess, which generally depicts a maiden in trouble. lol. Sushi is just a nickname given to me becuase I love fish, both to eat and keep as pets. If you think it is to informal, you can just call me Lynn.

Repfanatic- Ah, does he flick his tongue a lot? My LLs don’t do it very often, maybe once every other minute.

06/13/08  11:32pm

Gottee guy
View Profile

Message To: PrinceSushi   In reference to Message Id: 1760337

oh i get it now. i thought is was some contest or festival or something.

06/15/08  12:02pm

Repfanatic
View Profile

Message To: PrinceSushi   In reference to Message Id: 1760337

Quote:

Repfanatic- Ah, does he flick his tongue a lot? My LLs don’t do it very often, maybe once every other minute.

He doesn’t flick his tongue too much when he’s in his cage, but he does when he’s out. He does lick his lips quite a bit after drinking.

Sorry. No new pics yet. My good camera is in Ohio.

06/23/08  01:48am

Lovetheleo
View Profile

Message To: Repfanatic   In reference to Message Id: 1770302

i know they have feeder anoles anhouse geckos on lllreptile

dont remember how much they cost you might have found them cheeper but i figured i would let you know

06/23/08  07:46pm

Back to Legless Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area