Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Legless Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Legless Lizards Forum

Rockos_my_leo   Rockos_my_leo   Improvius   Dcastle93   L1z4rds rul3!   Savvy Snakes   DragonQueen4  
 Member  Message

Rockos_my_leo
View Profile

Are legless lizzards good pets

do they bite like snakes.......are they easy to take care of......how much do they cost.....are they fun to hold and stuff......oh and i would also appreaciate any extra information.............thank you!!!

06/27/07  05:13pm

Rockos_my_leo
View Profile

Message To: Rockos_my_leo   In reference to Message Id: 1336585

oh and how do they move....and are they a good pet for a beginner like me

06/27/07  05:15pm

Improvius
View Profile

Message To: Rockos_my_leo   In reference to Message Id: 1336588

I got a chance to hold one when I was in Sand Diego recently. I donít think they would make as good of a pet as a snake. They are very stiff compared to snakes. They donít seem to tolerate being handled as well as something like a python. I guess itís just my opinion, but one of the things I like about my snakes is that they hold on to you when you handle them, and the legless lizards donít do that at all. If you want a snake, get a snake. These really arenít very much like snakes at all.

07/20/07  09:31am

Dcastle93
View Profile

Message To: Improvius   In reference to Message Id: 1366907

they are ok to handle once they are settled. i havent been bitten ( but they might not even have teeth)
but my kitten is a bit of a pest and doesnt stop trying to get to it. but if you want a tameable snake, get a corn snake or something similar. food is also easier to get with a snake as you can put mice in a freezer and not worry about where it will be in the morning .

05/10/08  08:44pm

L1z4rds rul3!
View Profile

Message To: Dcastle93   In reference to Message Id: 1731375

Squirt your cat, I do it to mine when she’s getting in trouble. Not excessivley to be cruel, just whenever the lizard is being "inspected".

05/25/08  05:50pm

Savvy Snakes
View Profile

I have Slow worms sames as legless lizards realy they are good pets and fun to hold and play with and are the one of the most harmless lizards!

07/25/08  11:02am

DragonQueen4
View Profile

I just bought a Giant European Legless (Glass) Lizard. They are not fun at all. They do not enjoy being handled. He constantly hisses and does a death roll. I wouldnt recommend one. However, there are different types of legless lizards. Maybe others are better pets.

11/09/08  12:09pm

Back to Legless Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area