Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Legless Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Legless Lizards Forum

Mimi_tem   Emotoiletfish  
 Member  Message

Mimi_tem
View Profile

Help needed for poor many times caught slow worm!

Please can someone tell me what to do.....we have slow worm(s) in my garden and it has been caught by my cat a number of times plus one of the visiting cats from across the road, it is now looking very sorry for itself, it lost its tail a long while ago, and its seems to be shedding its skin, it now seems quite traumatised having been found on the footway by my daughter i have put it in a large sandwich box with damp soil, leaves, twig branches, stones etc....i want to make sure it is ok before putting it out AGAIN! What can I give it to eat to try and ease its stress and should I put it somewhere else as it is caught time and time again, the cats know where it lives...but i dont want to take it away(maybe my work which is in an isolated country area)if it could possible have family!!!!

06/05/07  04:04pm

Emotoiletfish
View Profile

Message To: Mimi_tem   In reference to Message Id: 1307015

Help needed for poor many times caught slow worm!

i defenanatly think you should not realeas it where you found it althought thats what they say to do. if you have a compost heap i think it would be a good idea to release it there as the cat cant get in there and there is a good food source and it is warm but if you donít have a compost heap realease it in a field or a bit of waste land. that where i saw my first slow worm in some empty land behind my house and there were loads their now building on it :(

06/24/07  03:38am

Back to Legless Lizards Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area