Back to Lacerta Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Lacerta Forum

Oghmius   Lol93  
 Member  Message

Oghmius
View Profile

Questions on Jeweled Lacertas

Hello, Forum Members,

Is there anywhere here who has Jeweled Lacertas? Iím very seriously considering getting a male and female from Bert at Agama International, but wanted to ask some questions first.

The first question concerns their relative tameness. I have read a lot of different things about this quality in these particular lizards. Some say they get very tame and can be easily handled, while others say they are skittish/flighty and often bite. As always, Iím sure there is considerable differences in individuals, and how much proper handling they receive.

Second: just what is the right minimum tank/cage size for a pair of these animals?

Third: will they take anything other than live prey for food? Iím thinking of supplementing with a very high-grade, natural cat food like Natural Balance (which has worked wonders in my Irian Jaya BTS).

Thank you.

Oghmius

04/28/05  09:34pm

Lol93
View Profile

Message To: Oghmius   In reference to Message Id: 326712

Questions on Jeweled Lacertas

Have kept lacertas in the past, donít have any at the moment. My experience is that they are flighty and can give you a nasty nip. As most of them are wild caught, they do not take well to captivity and donít enjoy being handled.

Why would you feed a smallish lizard like this catfood? They eat the usual crix and locusts, and I supplemented mine with mealworms and spiders.

Hope this helps!

05/05/05  10:02am

Back to Lacerta Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area