Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Lacerta Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Lacerta Forum

Hachuu   Ameivaboy   Koi   Ameivaboy   Hachuu   Ameivaboy  
 Member  Message

Hachuu
View Profile

Italian Wall Lizards

Does anyone Have any Italian wall lizards in their area?I have been looking for them and i know they are in the Bronx, Queens, and Nassau areas but i don’t know exactly were and they are very big places.

If anyone keeps them and have them in their area could you please help me out.There isn’t that much info on the web about keeping them so feel free to post tips on them.

Quote:

I keep them and so do several other people that post in the lacerta forum. That would be the best place to get info on this site.

Thanks Ameivaboy

05/09/10  12:43pm

Ameivaboy
View Profile

Message To: Hachuu   In reference to Message Id: 2146261

Italian Wall Lizards

You’re Welcome,

I remember seeing a website somewhere that mentioned on long island there was some plantation that there was a good population of them. I tried to find where I had read that with no luck.

As far as tips go, i would make sure to cover the cage walls with something they can grip onto for vertical climbing which will triple the amount of usable space for them within their enclosure. I’ve used cork tiles before which looked decent and hold up well and am currently using styrofoam (painted) as a faux rock wall. but with the logs and lizards running over it it’s getting a little beat up, might need to throw a couple light coats of cement on it.

Also make sure if there’s any fighting going on to separate the animals. They are super territorial (even females can be)

hope that helps a little?

05/10/10  09:50am

Koi
View Profile

Message To: Ameivaboy   In reference to Message Id: 2146430

Italian Wall Lizards

Awwww look, Chris and Kevin having a nice lil’ chat together. Kevin, hold me down already with the lizards >:0

Jon

05/18/10  12:31am

Ameivaboy
View Profile

Message To: Koi   In reference to Message Id: 2148409

Italian Wall Lizards

Jon,

I just ordered 30 of them from the guy (25 to export 5 for me)
If you want some let me know and I’ll tack more on to the order but I’m going to need the funds asap cause I dont have the money to cover everything right now.
pm me on here or facebook or in chat.

~Kevin

05/18/10  08:08pm

Hachuu
View Profile

Message To: Ameivaboy   In reference to Message Id: 2148604

Italian Wall Lizards

Hey Kevin, me and Jon are going to go looking for Some Wall lizards soon, how much are you paying for them, because i might be able to get them to you cheaper but they will be WC.
They are a lot of them near us, Me and Jon might go this weekend.

Chris

05/20/10  10:08pm

Ameivaboy
View Profile

Message To: Hachuu   In reference to Message Id: 2149217

Italian Wall Lizards

Hi, I’m getting them for 8 bucks a piece for the 30. They are all wc NY specimens too.
Let me know what you get

05/20/10  10:52pm

Back to Lacerta Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area