Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Lacerta Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Lacerta Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Jon   ZigZag   ReptileRocker   Reptilehunter   RePtiLOVER   Markay   Markay   Slaytanic138   Ameivaboy  

Member  Message

Jon
View Profile

Anyone know about chinese specled Lecertas

Anyone know about chinese specled Lecertas? There very loving and are about the size of a green anole. I bought one off a friend and I can’t get any ordered in. Mine died! he had a run in with my sister and a basket ball when I had him out on his post!

11/05/03  08:43pm

ZigZag
View Profile

Message To: Jon   In reference to Message Id: 12580

sorry no clue try www.goggle.com

11/12/03  10:09pm

ReptileRocker
View Profile

that dupens, is it the same as a lacertas sp??????????? if it is i have plenty of tips becus i have one!!!!!!

02/29/04  04:29pm

Reptilehunter
View Profile

JON HOPE THIS HELPS!!

Chinese Lacerta General Info: Adult length up to 6". Lacertas are active and colorful small lizards. For this reason, they are often recommended as ideal childrens’ pets.

Temperature/Humidity: Ideal daytime temperature for these lizards should range between 70 and 85 degrees. Additionally, a low wattage basking lamp should be used to maintain a local temperature of 90 to 95 degrees. Night time temperature should remain between 55 and 75 degrees. The humidity for these lizards should be kept at or near 55 percent. Lighting: All diurnal (mainly active during the day) lizards require ultraviolet lighting to maintain good health. Ultraviolet lighting is recommended for 12 hours per day.

Feeding/Watering: Lacertas are insectivorous (eat mainly insects). Insects should be dusted with a vitamin/calcium powder. Suggested insects are: crickets, mealworms, superworms, and waxworms. Worms such as earthworms, red wigglers, and butterworms may also be included in their diet. A shallow water bowl is necessary to keep these lizards in optimum health. Water should be changed daily.

Habitat/Housing: Individuals can be maintained in a 15 gallon terrarium. A screen lid is essential for proper air exchange. Lacertas are best kept singularly. However, for multiple pets, increase habitat size accordingly to ensure each lizard has plenty of space to move about and not interfere with tankmates. An undertank heater should be placed on the same end of the tank as the basking lamp. Multiple climbing branches are necessary as well as a shelter for hiding, especially if multiple pets are in the same enclosure. Misting the habitat occasionally will help maintain proper humidity levels and allow for these lizards to intake water in a manner to which they are accustom. Substrate (Bedding): 2" to 3" inches of Bed-A-Beast is recommended for lacerta terrariums. Cork bark can be added as low hiding areas.

03/14/04  09:38pm

RePtiLOVER
View Profile

Message To: Reptilehunter   In reference to Message Id: 46687

Can some1 post a pic of a lecertta?

03/17/04  09:37pm

Markay
View Profile

Message To: RePtiLOVER   In reference to Message Id: 48219

i would but my picture thingy is broken

03/27/04  09:57pm

Markay
View Profile

Message To: Markay   In reference to Message Id: 52240

i will soon though

03/27/04  09:58pm

Slaytanic138
View Profile

Wow, I am replying to a 9 Year old post.
Yes I too would like to find some. For such a small lizard they are very
Tame! I had one when I was about twelve..about 17 Years ago.
I kept him on "jurassic sand" If any one remebers that product..lol
In a comunity tank.
Amazing lil lizards, been considering getting a steppe lizard, they seem very similar to me.
Cheers

02/19/12  02:22pm

Ameivaboy
View Profile

Message To: Slaytanic138   In reference to Message Id: 2255971

I have a group of the steppe lizards (eremias arguta) coming in tomorrow.

The only place I have seen the Chinese blue spotted lacerta (Eremias velox) in recent memory is on a german pricelist.

02/20/12  07:33pm

Back to Lacerta Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area