Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Komodo Dragon Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Komodo Dragon Forum

Nile/water monitors   Leah_Lizard   Nile/water monitors   JackAsp   Westen banded   Nile/water monitors  
 Member  Message

Nile/water monitors
View Profile

How to can I brush my KD’s teeth?

Hi Every one!
I’m the new guy here, I would love to tell you about my KD, his name is Kenny. I’ve had him for two years now, the last time I measured him he was 39ft 11 and 7/8 in. long. The other day Kenny and I were out side and we saw the neighbor Danny brushing his dogs teeth. This got me to thinking, I’ve never brushed Kenny’s teeth. So, I asked Danny to show me the proper way to brush Kenny’s teeth. Danny agreed and came over to my yard with a tooth brush, man, we tried everything to get Kenny to open up! Nothing! After a while Danny had a good idea. Danny said try tickling him and see if he will open up. So, I started to tickle Kenny on the soft parts of his belly, you know just in front of this rear legs, Kenny must be ticklish because Danny said Kenny’s mouth is WIDE OPEN NOW! Kenny must be really ticklish because he just thrashed around until I stopped ticking him. I turned around to check Danny’s progress, just like Danny, he left the tooth brush on the ground and left? I’ll just return the tooth brush when Danny turns up? So, I thought about asking the Alpaca farmer next door to give me a hand with Kenny’s teeth , but , I’ve noticed in the last two years his heard of Alpacas has thinned out a lot? The economy is just terrible! He must be slowly selling of his Alpaca herd to get by? Poor guy. So, Kenny and I decided to just go over to the farmers pasture fence and watch the Alpacas run to the far end of the pasture as we approached. Kenny loves watching the Alpacas, I can see in his eyes that warm, fuzzy feeling he gets inside when we watch the alpacas. I’m starting to think Kenny has a gland problem? I feed him a low fat diet but he has gained a LOT of weight? Kenny enjoys going for long walks in the woods and playing with the wild raccoons and opossums. I think the wild animals are all going into an early hibernation this year? I haven’t even seen a deer come to think of it? I didn’t think deer hibernated? O Man, I haven’t even seen a stray in a couple years! I’m going to have to go buy a play mate for Kenny. Anyone have any ideas?

12/31/09  03:55pm

Leah_Lizard
View Profile

Message To: Nile/water monitors   In reference to Message Id: 2109601

lol ur such a dork!!!

01/01/10  07:06pm

Nile/water monitors
View Profile

Message To: Leah_Lizard   In reference to Message Id: 2109884

How can I brush my KD’s teeth?

WOW! You must have ESPN, or you’ve been talking with my friends, dork has all ways been my nick name. Man, I’ve got goose bumps!

01/01/10  08:19pm

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: Nile/water monitors   In reference to Message Id: 2109910

How can I brush my KD’s teeth?

Brushing a Komodo Dragon’s teeth with a conventional brush is extremely dangerous, due to their extremely small teeth and sensitive gums. That’s why we have water fluoridation. Back when baby Komodo Dragons were commonly sold in dime stores, it was quite common for brushing-related injuries to take place, so in order to protect their mouths J. Edgar Hoover demanded that all tap water contain fluorine so you can just spray his teeth out with a high-powered firehose. This is, however, no substitute for flossing. I usually find one of the neighborhood children and pay them a nickel to floss my dragon’s teeth; it must be enough money, since apparently they retire afterwards. I always leave while they’re in the middle of it and then I never see them again...

01/03/10  02:08pm

Westen banded
View Profile

Message To: Nile/water monitors   In reference to Message Id: 2109601

do yu realy have a kd becaus most people mess when dey say dat if u do send us a pic cuz i really lyk lizard an kds

02/06/10  03:36am

Nile/water monitors
View Profile

Message To: Westen banded   In reference to Message Id: 2120879

Sorry, Kenny is using the camera now to take photos of the Alpaca’s next door and hanging the picture’s on his hide out walls. I can’t say I own a full blooded KD because Kenny’s only 1/2 KD, his Daddy was a house gecko.

02/07/10  09:53am

Back to Komodo Dragon Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area