Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Komodo Dragon Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Komodo Dragon Forum

Shadowcat0789   JackAsp   Mama42  
 Member  Message

Shadowcat0789
View Profile

I need some advice on KDs

So I was looking for some advice on this. I really want to get a Komodo Dragon, I’ve got a 10 gallon tank set up for her and everything, I was wondering, would I be able to house her with a Green Wolf Eel? Or would there be to big of a risk of them breeding? And if they did breed does anyone know what the babies would look like? Maybe I’d get a bunch of loch ness monsters? I really want some help here guys and you’re the experts! :-D

06/22/09  01:39am

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: Shadowcat0789   In reference to Message Id: 2026825

Green wolf eels are problematic, because they actually need two seperate environments. One for during the full moon, and one for the rest of the time. Please do at least a modicum of research next time before you ask such a silly question.
Loch Ness monsters, however, are actually excellant. They will keep your tank very clean by scouring the floor of it for algae, haggis, and drunken Scotsmen. Scotsmen are a serious problem in small aquaria, because the walls can be easily be shattered by caber-tossing competitions. Even worse, sometimes tney like to strip naked, paint themselves blue with woad dye, and invite the Blue Man Group over to chase your Komodo Dragon around and frighten him. Needless to say, this can be very stressful.

06/22/09  01:50am

Mama42
View Profile

Message To: JackAsp   In reference to Message Id: 2026826

although, the drunken blue Scotsman and a member from the Blue Man Group make an excellent breeding pair. its best to start them breeding during the caber-tossing competitions. though, be careful not to wake the troll. he gets angry when others are breeding and hes not involved. he may try to eat one of them.

08/08/09  05:55pm

Back to Komodo Dragon Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area