Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

King Snakes Forum

Kiddie   TGood   Mikey-gecko   Joeking   Peter54   Kiddie   Kingfan   Peter54   Guitar Boy  
 Member  Message

Kiddie
View Profile

NEW BABY

ok so i went into my local small pet store to get some mice for my ball python and i see this really tiny little baby snake in a Tupperware container and i felt really bad and i asked to see it and it is a little king snake so i just had to get it and when i got home i did alt of research on king snakes and got a home ready for it in my room and it is just the nicest little snake ever! and every one i talk to says theirs is mean but my Lil guy/girl is really nice i got her eating pinkies now but if you have anything to share with your Lil kings or any snake i would love to hear

07/26/06  09:15pm

TGood
View Profile

Message To: Kiddie   In reference to Message Id: 907506

NEW BABY

what type of kingsnake is it? my newest kingsnake is young also. his name is Apollo, and he is an albino striped california kingsnake, heres a picture...

07/26/06  11:47pm

Mikey-gecko
View Profile

Message To: TGood   In reference to Message Id: 907808

NEW BABY

hello.....congrads on the baby....and yeah, i hear bad thinfs about kings too....i mean i have 2..one is the most sweetest lil guy ever.....hes a prairie king snake...BUT....i also have a california dot dash king who wants me dead....lol..he cannot stand me, and i cannot stand him!-lol..he musks, bites, hisses...and hes getting some sharp teeth..so his bites are starting to hurt...lol....but ill stop...cause i dont wanna scare you...lmao....but all kings are different....good luck with your new fellow!-id love to see some pics!!!

^the nice sweet gentle king snake......his name is fabio...

^saitens child!!!!!-names bo jangles...lol...

good luck with the new fello...

Mike.

07/27/06  12:37am

Joeking
View Profile

Message To: Mikey-gecko   In reference to Message Id: 907896

NEW BABY

haha yeah my dot dash is kinda an angry fella too and heís getting some sharp teeth...But heís still handable...when heís not biting...

07/27/06  01:26pm

Peter54
View Profile

Message To: Kiddie   In reference to Message Id: 907506

NEW BABY

I have 4 adults, 3 yearlings and 5 newly hatched California kings. One of the adult females is a bit unreliable, but all the others except for the hatchlings are nice tempered.

07/27/06  05:33pm

Kiddie
View Profile

Message To: Mikey-gecko   In reference to Message Id: 907896

NEW BABY

lol yeah mine is really nice at least nothing bad yet and he/she is eating fine he/she is a baby California king "dot dash" but itís dots are really dots and not just a broken stripe it gives him/her personality i love the little thing (-:

07/27/06  07:25pm

Kingfan
View Profile

Message To: Kiddie   In reference to Message Id: 909232

NEW BABY

my desert king is the calmest thing. she loves to just wrap around an arm or hand and just hang out. every snake has a different personality i suppose, but on the whole i think kings are considered some of the mellowest snakes in the hobby.

07/28/06  04:22pm

Peter54
View Profile

Message To: Peter54   In reference to Message Id: 909046

NEW BABY

Just an update on the peek-a-boo picture above. My Cali juveniles are now 3 weeks and doing just great.

07/28/06  05:34pm

Guitar Boy
View Profile

Message To: Peter54   In reference to Message Id: 910820

NEW BABY

I have found that kingsí temperments vary a lot. You canít really stereotype a kings behavior(they each are different in temperments) as you can a ball. Donít get me wrong I like kings, they are beautiful snakes.Beautiful snakes guys

07/29/06  08:40pm

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area