Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

King Snakes Forum

Me-Me   Peter54   Me-Me   Me-Me   SuperSaiyanSmits   Me-Me   Captain Smarto   Peter54  
 Member  Message

Me-Me
View Profile

To Peter

What size tank will an adult, full grown San Pedro Mountain Kingsnake need. And what size will they reach....maximum? Also what size prey item is the largest I could offer as an adult. Thanx in advancde.

Me-Me

04/19/06  03:44pm

Peter54
View Profile

Message To: Me-Me   In reference to Message Id: 748127

To Peter

San Pedros are pretty small, they rarely grow over 3 feet. I keep my adults in a 20 gallon vivarium and I feed them rat pinkies or mouse fuzzies. I have noticed that they do not cope well with large food items and not with many food items at the time. I feed them max 2 mouse fuzzies/rat pinkies each per week. Also I have noticed that they tend to do better on newly killed prey instead of f/t. Sometimes they regurgitate f/t prey items.

Sorry I havenít answered your message Q yet, I simply have not had the time, itís much to write if you want it to be thorough. Iíll write something for you soon.

Adult male san Pedro Mtn king

04/19/06  05:58pm

Me-Me
View Profile

Message To: Peter54   In reference to Message Id: 748387

To Peter

Yeah, thanx. Would they be happier if they were in a 40? Beacuse I was thinking about moving her, I assume sheíll like the extra space. I have an extra 40 so thats why I ask. But thanx for all your help.

Me-Me

04/19/06  11:36pm

Me-Me
View Profile

Message To: Me-Me   In reference to Message Id: 749003

To Peter

Oh yeah. One more question. Can i feed live since itís only mouse fuzzies or rat pinkies? Theyíre defenseless so I donít see how any harm can be done. But whats your oppinion? Thanx in advance.

Me-Me

04/19/06  11:46pm

SuperSaiyanSmits
View Profile

Message To: Me-Me   In reference to Message Id: 749023

To Peter

i donít see why you canít. My neightbor feeds his king live adult mice. Feeding live is okay as long as you keep any eye on them. For the most part they are pretty dumb, but every now and then they can bite. But I still strongly suggest f/t because there are parasite free and safe, but if you want to i say go for it. Good luck!

04/20/06  12:57am

Me-Me
View Profile

Message To: SuperSaiyanSmits   In reference to Message Id: 749122

To Peter

Thanx Super.

Me-Me

04/20/06  10:33pm

Captain Smarto
View Profile

Message To: Peter54   In reference to Message Id: 748387

To Peter

O he is soo pretty i want him badd!!!!!!!!!

04/27/06  08:29pm

Peter54
View Profile

Message To: Me-Me   In reference to Message Id: 749023

To Peter

I feed my San Pedros live if I have got any. Live food seems better for these snakes. I have had some problems with my adult couple when they eat f/t, some times they regurgitate after a couple of days. All my other snakes eat the same food without problems.

Also, there is absolotely no guarantee that f/t food is free from parasites and safer.

Two-year-old female San Pedro Mtn king

04/28/06  04:30am

Back to King Snakes Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area